Used 2012 Dodge Challenger Coupe Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Dodge Challenger Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2012 Dodge Challenger Coupe

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

My Personal Experience/2012 Dodge Challenger SXT +
By Brian Ketron

2012 Dodge Challenger Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The best car I have ever owned. The only problem I have had in over 81,000 miles was the alternator which failed and left me stranded. This was later the subject of a recall. Rear visibility is bad. The 305 horsepower V6 engine is more than you will ever need. Front seat is very comfortable, back seat not. Rides great.

2012 SRT...Going great through 25K
By orbwins

2012 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Moved from 4 cyl honda accord to SRT Classic, Automatic, fully loaded.
I drive highway, I'm getting about 20 miles to the gallon, again 1 year 25K miles into ownership.

Fast. Faster than old Honda Accord. Very comfortable on the highway for long drives (~200 mile trips).

Only changes I'd make, not sure about the window opening when you open the door. Chicago..parked outside...winter...bad idea. Learned lesson. Also, windows go down automatically but not up? Blinds spots, but not as bad as a Camaro.

2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic - Best yet!
By hometheaterguy

2012 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

To date, I have owned twelve vehicles.
My first, a 1964 Mercury Comet to my current 2012 Dodge Challenger RT Classic.

The worst car I have owned is a 2009 Mazda 5 Wagon.

The 2012 Dodge Challenger is by far the best vehicle we have ever purchased.
This vehicle has the Super Trak Pack, 6-speed, sunroof, amazing leather and a rocking sound system that can play movies, blu tooth audio and read music from a thumb drive.

Modifications made thus far; Magnaflow X pipe, Pettys Garage Strut tower brace, LMI cold air intake and skip shift eliminator.

Do want a car that handles corners with ease, has amazing acceleration and looks great?
If so, this is the car for you.
We love it!

Super Trak Pack, 5.7 Hemi, Tremec 6 speed transmission, color, handling, acceleration, style, leather seats, 403N audio system. Everything is amazing on this car!

None.

Best car ever owned
By timofmichigan

2012 Dodge Challenger Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned a 1973 Challenger at 19 yrs old, it was my favorite for many reasons. But after owning the 2012 SXT Plus for nearly 2 years - its now my all time favorite.

Like the original, its coke bottle shape is timeless. Add today's quality standards, reliability, comfort, driving characteristics, and modern features like NAV, handsfree phone, heated seats, etc. - its awesome.

This Challenger is trouble free, quiet, and smooth despite the rough midwestern roads.

Smokin' HOT
By challengerlady

2012 Dodge Challenger Coupe SXT 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I LOVE my 2012 Rallye Redline.
She's a show stopper and a pleasure to drive.
Since I cruise in her and will take her cross country, it was important to me when selecting a sports car to find one that looked fabulous, drove well, and didn't rattle my teeth out with every single bump in the road.
Comfort is a key component of my Challenger, along with the strong look of a muscle car (no mistaking what a Challenger is), and muscle car action.
I drove a Mustang and a Camaro before choosing the Challenger.
Okay, the Challenger is not as fast, but how could it be with it's size and weight?
However, it sure the heck rides and looks a LOT better!!!

The looks of this car are unbeatable to me. Love the mean classic muscle car look. I did add a mopar cold air intake that increased her torque and rumble which I like a lot. The black and red interior is great. . .and it's comfortable.

Hmmm. The only improvement I can think of will occur in two years when I get a HEMI!!!