Used 2011 Dodge Challenger Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

Most Helpful|
One more thing to go wrong?
By mrchrismeyers

2011 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I do have to start this out by saying, I LOVE my car!! Pure white V8, super classic looking!! From when I drove from Michigan to Ohio to pick the car up this has been by far the WORST relationship I have ever had with a company. And I mean you Chrysler!! From the dealer I picked the car up at to this very day with customer service on the phone. Listed issues: Electrical: steering, dash, headlights, blower system, windows, locks Body: Doors, hinges, molding, paint, trim, R/T badge, front bumper ass. Mechanical: trans, steering, exhaust

Favorite Features

The body had me at hello!!!

Lots of problems
By spedly

2011 Dodge Challenger Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my '11 SE model with less than 7000 miles on it. (It turned out being wrecked). I have had two recalls (which came after the problems started and the dealers didn't know how to fix). Just recently, my alternator died and I couldn't find an aftermarket one, so the mopar alternator cost over $500. The radio was not at all powerfull so I had to put in an aftermarket amp which may have lead to the Alt. breakdown. Lots of frustration and disappointment! The blind spot is huge and is hard to back up to park. On the bright side I love my car when it is running. Haha! I always get compliments on it and I think it rides better than the CTX Caddie.

Favorite Features

Ride is super smooth and has enough power to make that pass or make that quick left hand turn. You see lots of Mustangs and Camaros on the road, but fewer Challengers making the 'cool' factor greater.

Suggested Improvements

The electronics needed improvement from the start. Longer warranty Louder radio...

Disappointing quality
By harrison310

2011 Dodge Challenger Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I chosen the Challenger because it was roomy, looked good, & JD Powers scored it high for initial quality, but in the 6 months i had the car, interior trim fell off, power window motors screwed up, and the driver's seat motor refused to back up. The midline stereo could not be turned up without causing interior trim buzzing (and we're talking only 21 on the vol dial), and of course, even with the Pentastar V6, I was getting no better than 17 mpg city or highway. the pitch black interior was hard to live with. My first and last Chrysler product.

Favorite Features

Styling, performance from the Pentastar V6

Suggested Improvements

Interior needs redesign - there's retro and then there's just being cheap (new Charger interior could have been nice in the Challenger). Build quality! Why does Challenger rank well with JD Power and yet the Chrysler/Dodger brand rank on the bottom?

R/T Classic GWE
By rcatta

2011 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Love this car. Green with envy color. I live in NYC and get people taking photos all day long. It is just beautiful. And when I am on the highway, the engine just purrrrrs. No problems. Plenty of power, torque, plenty of room inside. My only real complaint is the steerting wheel is not the most comfortable, like they are in most modern cars.

Favorite Features

Love the manual six speed. Engine capable of 400+ HP. The styling of this car is surely one of its best features. Power and beauty combined.

Suggested Improvements

Manual six speed, upgrade with Hurst shifter. Mopar cold air intake and Borla cat backs. Sound system upgrades.

Year old and still #1 in my choice
By fuelfromh2o

2011 Dodge Challenger Coupe 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased July 2011, have 17k miles on the hub with NO problems in quality, performance & reliability. Added a CAI and HHO to the V6 and it came alive after 8k miles of break in. For a V6 it turns 0 - 60 in 6sec flat all day long. It will bury the needle with a little effort approaching the 140mph mark. Dodge did it "RIGHT" with this combination. Can honestly admit that the Challenger can hang with the Mustang or Camero of equal equipment any day of the week and in most cases walk away in second gear and never look back.

Favorite Features

Nicely made interior and very comfortable on long trips Atlanta to Seattle. Fuel mileage was great 29.7mpg at 80+mph and it held the road perfectly on the mountain passes in Montana and Idaho on I-90. Visibility is good and road noise was minimal on various road surfaces. The cruise control was very efficient, one could never out drive it. Dodge put the pencil to the drawing board on this one and got it RIGHT.

Suggested Improvements

Only problem is the Dodge folks won't release the code for performance after market tuning. The 305 Hp is great but this V6 has a lot more to offer if they'd give up the code. OR at least let the dealership have it for customer requests for a performance dealer tune. The problem is a soft start throttle. lacks responsiveness. Dump that sluggish start and the V6 would come out screaming, instead of the 1800rpm kick in on the tach.