2011 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:
R/T Classic GWE
By rcatta on 04/01/14 13:23 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Love this car. Green with envy color. I live in NYC and get people taking photos all day long. It is just beautiful. And when I am on the highway, the engine just purrrrrs. No problems. Plenty of power, torque, plenty of room inside. My only real complaint is the steerting wheel is not the most comfortable, like they are in most modern cars.

too many recalls
By gearheadbear on 02/17/14 15:50 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Challenger 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 2011 Challenger since the end of 2011 and still have less than 15,000 miles. My wife stays at home and this is not a commute vehicle. I had problems with the door handles and wiring harness before the recalls even came out. Now the torque converter gave itself up internally. After taking back twice dealer is replacing the torque converter only and "flushing" the transmission. Antioch Dodge in Northern California is not the right place to get proper service done right the first time.

Modern Muscle
By bigles985 on 05/09/13 20:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)

I absolutely love my SRT8. Has enough power to throw you into your seat but still can get over 20 mpg if you're easy on the throttle. I love the styling and love the fact my kids can fit in the back. I also have the Green With Envy color and get compliments on my car all the time at the pump.

Green with Envy
By toyotacurrenla on 10/12/12 18:00 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)

Still practically new. Car gets a lot of attention specially with the green color. The 6.4L has a lot of power and sits you back in the seat any time you want to. Love the car it's comfortable, powerful, and large enough for my family to enjoy.

Year old and still #1 in my choice
By fuelfromh2o on 05/01/12 11:16 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Challenger 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased July 2011, have 17k miles on the hub with NO problems in quality, performance & reliability. Added a CAI and HHO to the V6 and it came alive after 8k miles of break in. For a V6 it turns 0 - 60 in 6sec flat all day long. It will bury the needle with a little effort approaching the 140mph mark. Dodge did it "RIGHT" with this combination. Can honestly admit that the Challenger can hang with the Mustang or Camero of equal equipment any day of the week and in most cases walk away in second gear and never look back.

Disappointing quality
By harrison310 on 04/26/12 08:05 AM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Challenger 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I chosen the Challenger because it was roomy, looked good, & JD Powers scored it high for initial quality, but in the 6 months i had the car, interior trim fell off, power window motors screwed up, and the driver's seat motor refused to back up. The midline stereo could not be turned up without causing interior trim buzzing (and we're talking only 21 on the vol dial), and of course, even with the Pentastar V6, I was getting no better than 17 mpg city or highway. the pitch black interior was hard to live with. My first and last Chrysler product.

One more thing to go wrong?
By mrchrismeyers on 02/10/12 18:11 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I do have to start this out by saying, I LOVE my car!! Pure white V8, super classic looking!! From when I drove from Michigan to Ohio to pick the car up this has been by far the WORST relationship I have ever had with a company. And I mean you Chrysler!! From the dealer I picked the car up at to this very day with customer service on the phone. Listed issues: Electrical: steering, dash, headlights, blower system, windows, locks Body: Doors, hinges, molding, paint, trim, R/T badge, front bumper ass. Mechanical: trans, steering, exhaust

dont waste your money
By tallfinger on 01/30/12 00:09 AM (PST)

2011 Dodge Challenger 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

styling is awsome however the drive train of this vehicle is the worst ive seen since ive started buying cars. fell in love with the styling but that love has turned into regret for speanding so much money on a lemon.

Very Nice Retro Muscle Car
By jethrobodine on 11/29/11 12:31 PM (PST)

2011 Dodge Challenger 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I own the Toxic Orange v6 Ralley with the track pack and upgraded stereo. The track pack added loads of torque and will throw my head back when pushed. Just a tap on the accelerator at the light is all that is needed to leave most behind. The interior is well layed out with the cabin insulation excellent. The seats are extremely comfortable and the radio will blow ones ears off. While in the car the v6 can not be heard at idle but makes a nice throaty sound at the exhaust and when pushed has a very nice roar. The ride is very smooth and makes a nice freeway cruiser but handles well within traffic and on residential streets. Overall one of the best retro muscle cars if not the best.

The Beast
By ramdeer98 on 07/16/11 21:15 PM (PDT)

2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned my 2011 Challenger SRT8 392 Hemi for a month now and I am TOTALLY pleased. The performance is great, push you back in the seat type, FAST FAST FAST!! Comfortable as all and handles fantastic. I have the gray w/black stripes, every where I go I am getting compliments! Boy did they get it right this time!!! I have taken down a couple of Mustangs and Camaros! Next weekend going to race track and get the true times. When planting the pedal down the sound and feel makes me feel like I am a teenager again... haha I can not say anything bad about it except for the gas guzzler tax. I am glad I waited a year for the 2011. Turn off the radio, open the windows and sunroof to listen!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Dodge Challenger in NJ is:

$250 per month*