Used 2011 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

Lots of problems
By spedly

2011 Dodge Challenger 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my '11 SE model with less than 7000 miles on it. (It turned out being wrecked). I have had two recalls (which came after the problems started and the dealers didn't know how to fix). Just recently, my alternator died and I couldn't find an aftermarket one, so the mopar alternator cost over $500. The radio was not at all powerfull so I had to put in an aftermarket amp which may have lead to the Alt. breakdown. Lots of frustration and disappointment! The blind spot is huge and is hard to back up to park. On the bright side I love my car when it is running. Haha! I always get compliments on it and I think it rides better than the CTX Caddie.

Ride is super smooth and has enough power to make that pass or make that quick left hand turn. You see lots of Mustangs and Camaros on the road, but fewer Challengers making the 'cool' factor greater.

The electronics needed improvement from the start. Longer warranty Louder radio...

R/T Classic GWE
By rcatta

2011 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Love this car. Green with envy color. I live in NYC and get people taking photos all day long. It is just beautiful. And when I am on the highway, the engine just purrrrrs. No problems. Plenty of power, torque, plenty of room inside. My only real complaint is the steerting wheel is not the most comfortable, like they are in most modern cars.

Love the manual six speed. Engine capable of 400+ HP. The styling of this car is surely one of its best features. Power and beauty combined.

Manual six speed, upgrade with Hurst shifter. Mopar cold air intake and Borla cat backs. Sound system upgrades.

too many recalls
By gearheadbear

2011 Dodge Challenger 2dr Coupe (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my 2011 Challenger since the end of 2011 and still have less than 15,000 miles. My wife stays at home and this is not a commute vehicle. I had problems with the door handles and wiring harness before the recalls even came out. Now the torque converter gave itself up internally. After taking back twice dealer is replacing the torque converter only and "flushing" the transmission. Antioch Dodge in Northern California is not the right place to get proper service done right the first time.

Style

Better support and customer service after the vehicle is sold.

Modern Muscle
By bigles985

2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)

I absolutely love my SRT8. Has enough power to throw you into your seat but still can get over 20 mpg if you're easy on the throttle. I love the styling and love the fact my kids can fit in the back. I also have the Green With Envy color and get compliments on my car all the time at the pump.

Love the overall exterior appearance of the car. Wish Dodge would offer the Mopar hood for the SRT8 but it's great looking car regardless.

The interior sunroof fitament is not great. Just have to push the liner up at times but could be constructed better.

Green with Envy
By toyotacurrenla

2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.4L 8cyl 6M)

Still practically new. Car gets a lot of attention specially with the green color. The 6.4L has a lot of power and sits you back in the seat any time you want to. Love the car it's comfortable, powerful, and large enough for my family to enjoy.

Love the SRT seats very comfortable. Great acceleration. Overall exterior is classic muscle.