Great car, bought new, currently at 58k miles
By noboringcars on
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
This was the first American car I have purchased and I haven't regretted it. It's reliable, well supported by the dealer and aftermarket, attractive, comfortable, and has a great owner community. Don't buy this car is you want to remain anonymous. Owning a Challenger is instant rock star status. I've only had 2 issues with the car: 1. the headliner dropped from a bracket behind the sunroof, fixed under warranty. 2. a piece of interior window trim cracked, I replaced it myself in 15 minutes. All in all, it's been a great ownership experience. Parts and service are inexpensive. Lots of opportunity to customize for more performance and/or convenience.
Favorite Features
Exterior styling, performance with the V8, interior comfort, ride, performance, fuel economy (18-20 mpg with a V8/auto), reliability. Aftermarket support is a plus, interchangeable parts with the Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum.
Suggested Improvements
Interior materials can be improved, and most likely will be with the 2015 redesign. Offer more interior colors beyond black and red. Lighting in the rear seat can be improved. Build quality can be improved at the factory to increase paint quality and panel gaps, as well as more robust plastic parts.