2010 Dodge Challenger Consumer Review: Dodge Challenger RT

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe - Consumer Review

Dodge Challenger RT
By toyak on

2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My first car was a 1970 beater Barracuda I had in the army. Always wanted to rebuild it but never had the money until 29 years later. The car gets the look 95% correct (including the interior). The car is very fast, competent on the road including ice and snow (we live in Alaska) and extremely comfortable (for me at 5'11" my 5'4 wife does not not share my opinion on comfort). For a 4100 pound car it's performance is great. I have the 6 speed which is fun (1/4 miler faster with an auto). I average 19 mpg. If you are gentle on acceleration milage is all right, if not the Hemi is fast and thirsty. My worst tank average 11 mpg and best 23. I have a 7 year old and a 4 year old, back seats fine

Front seat comfort. The electronic stability control a must have for winter ice/snow. The Hemi (if you love the car but don't want to spend for the RT/SRT get the 6 cylinder because the car is much more then just the Hemi, very few challengers had it in the 1970's.

Nothing big comes to mind. The driver's seat back does not flip forward for back seat egress. Do not get the sun roof, any one taller then 5'9" will really appreciate it in the back seat. Brighter interior lighting back seat area.