2010 Dodge Challenger Consumer Review: Awesome car if you have the me

2010 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Review

SRT8 Coupe (6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Awesome car if you have the means
By Plum Carzy SRT8 on

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven SUVs all my life and suddenly got an itch for a muscle car. I did not care for the body style of the mustang GT so I decided to look at the Camaro SS or the Challenger SRT8. I test drove the Camaro SS first given the fact it cost about $10000 less than the SRT8. it had really nice features and a decent ride and the power was outstanding but the clutch on the SS was very sharp and had a strong manual (jerky) feel when accelerating. The SRT8 has a much smoother ride, no jerky feel when transitioning gears, the clutch was much more forgiving than the SS. The vehicle has a classic style look that always turns heads and you cant beat the performance of American muscle.

The 370 HEMI engine that throws you in your seat when you get on it. Also the gas mileage you cant beat, i went from an SUV getting a combined city/highway MPG of 15 to a car that has been getting 20 on average plus on a recent road trip all highway miles it got 23 MPG the whole way.

Give an optional 426 upgrade for the SRT 8 model, to compete with the horsepower produced by the Shelby cobra. If it's a numbers game the 426 should produce more than the supercharged 302. Then let them rumble on the drag for top dog.