Used 2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

Most Helpful|
Broke Down Already
By snoop

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I read all the reviews and dismissed the bad ones, well I should of took to heart what was said people don't want to admit they bought 3rd class. Well these cars are a pain. Loud ticking under hood (dealer claims it's the injectors, tranny slips, and the car is already rusting underneath low tire pressure light is on no matter what I am sure this review will get a lot of not helpfuls but believe this is typical Dodge quality (junk)

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Keep it running and quite

Where did you get your EPA stats?
By Eric

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The EPA sticker for the 2010 SE is 25 mpg for highway. Where did your 20 mpg come from? Is it an average of all driving? My SE routinely gives me 22 mpg overall and 26 mpg on the highway. It is a great car. Far more roomy than the Mustang, more comfortable than the Camaro. Price is much better than the well-overpriced Camaro and exterior styling is easily my favorite of all the pony cars. The quality is much better than I expected.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling. Huge number of aftermarket parts available. Very quiet and smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Dual exhaust for the V6 which has already been done on the 2011.

2010 Dodge Challenger SE
By fusion42694

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

While the Challenger is fun to drive, it wares out easily. The plastic on the inside is cheaply made, as it is with other Dodge cars. The engine power is great though, and the seats are comfortable. It does not have the handling and pep of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe, but that is probably due to its larger size. Mine has your basic features, and it is noticed as much as the more expensive ones. If you want an all american muscle car and like american cars, this is the one for you.

Favorite Features

The quickness of the engine, and the fact that you dont always feel like you are driving a huge car. Also the back seat is not as small as the Mustang, Camaro, or Genesis.

Suggested Improvements

The plastics in the car are cheap and get dirty easily,

Great car, bought new, currently at 58k miles
By noboringcars

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This was the first American car I have purchased and I haven't regretted it. It's reliable, well supported by the dealer and aftermarket, attractive, comfortable, and has a great owner community. Don't buy this car is you want to remain anonymous. Owning a Challenger is instant rock star status. I've only had 2 issues with the car: 1. the headliner dropped from a bracket behind the sunroof, fixed under warranty. 2. a piece of interior window trim cracked, I replaced it myself in 15 minutes. All in all, it's been a great ownership experience. Parts and service are inexpensive. Lots of opportunity to customize for more performance and/or convenience.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, performance with the V8, interior comfort, ride, performance, fuel economy (18-20 mpg with a V8/auto), reliability. Aftermarket support is a plus, interchangeable parts with the Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum.

Suggested Improvements

Interior materials can be improved, and most likely will be with the 2015 redesign. Offer more interior colors beyond black and red. Lighting in the rear seat can be improved. Build quality can be improved at the factory to increase paint quality and panel gaps, as well as more robust plastic parts.

Fun
By Robert

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a 2010 Dodge Challenger RT and I love it. It drives and handles nicely and I get compliments daily on it. So far this is the best car I have ever owned. I look forward to driving it and it turns heads everywhere I go.

Favorite Features

Interior, love the leather seats and the general look of the interior. Like starting the car without taking the key out of my pocket.

Suggested Improvements

Would like a little better gas mileage but this is a minor concern. I average around 22 miles per gallon and am satisfied.