Used 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

SRT8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (15 reviews )

Sold C5 Corvette for this Car!
By dando1

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have had ALOT of cars.. 55 Chevys including a Nomad. GTO, Trans Ams, Etc... I sold the Corvette to buy this car.(Actually looking for a 300 srt8. The corvette was so uncomfortable, and noisy and a hard ride I felt like I was beat up after riding in it for a few hundred miles. I also had a 70 Challenger. The 70 in no way can compare to the new version. This car is so darn comfortable. NO WIND NOISE, or barely any road noise at all. It soaks up road imperfections so nicely. I have read about how the camaro this and how the mustang that. I don't care. First I don't race my cars. Second, there is no way they can have this type of a ride. The heavy car feel is something I love.

Favorite Features

Cannot get the heavy car ride in a light tinny car. The seats are heated and wrap you up. I love the lighted door handles and the lighted cup holder. Mercedes designed this chassis and it is top shelf. The car has lots of 1970 carry overs. The lines and the rear backup light in the center, fuel cap, and side markers.. This car is heads up over the corvette.Sure the vette handled better and was quicker. But the corvette is soon forgotten when riding in this smooth riding quiet cabin. More comfort than my Cadillac STS!..Chrysler has the best customer service I have ever seen. They have helped with items on my Cummins even out of Warranty!!! Like to see Camaro or Ford do that.

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest chrome wheel well moldings. a real flip up fuel car. Id like to see the dash lit like the 1970 dash. They were front lit.. it was cool...Id like to see Cragar SS type rally wheels. But other than that this car is a home run... No wonder Chrysler sales have increased.... Keep it up ....

Perfect car for a midlife crisis
By fproctor

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

After 5 years of driving a 1500 Ram, I was ready for a change. The TV commercial of the Challenger burning out on pavement in slow motion really hooked me. Dealership had a good discount/incentive for buying a 2010. Absolutely fun car that gets compliments daily wherever I go. The 13 speaker kicker stereo system with sub is awesome. Handling is quite good imo but of course this is coming from a guy that traded in a pickup. The SRT8 seats and interior as a whole looks much better than the bland gray of the lower models. No regrets... fun fun fun!

Favorite Features

Power, handling, braking, stereo, hot retro exterior styling.

Suggested Improvements

- Functional hood scoop - A more open exhaust to broadcast the growl of the engine - A driver seat that can lean forward to allow better access to back seat (Passenger front seat goes forward only).

The Chally
By wakefan01

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Love the car! the 6.1 is tremendously powerful and fun. Although it may not be the fastest of the mustang and camaro but it sounds amazing. A deep rumble that the others don't make

Favorite Features

6.1L Hemi, exhaust sound, 6 speed with pistol grip, kicker audio system

Plum Crazy ovr this SRT8
By Doug Young

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased the Plum Crazy in the 6 speed with all options, added the cold air intake, tinted the window. What an awesome car! Have gotten 26 mpg on the interstate, but averages about 22 to 23. Has the power when you need it and/ or just want to show people what can do. Have won a few people choice trophies at car shows. Comparing this to other MOPARS that I have owned, this is the greatest! The car handles great, is comfortable, and the navigation system is easy to use.

Favorite Features

The 6.1 Hemi, the retro look of the car with plum crazy, easy shifting

Suggested Improvements

blind spot when backing. Otherwise

Turning Heads Everywhere That I Go!
By Corey Allen

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I traded my 09 RT in for my 10 SRT8 I am very pleased with my decision. The suspension is stiffer and the Brembos make the car stop on a dime. The car is very quick and the exhaust note is sublime. The car is definitely an attention grabber and my color choice of Detonator yellow adds fuel to the fire. The Challenger is a car that is great for cruising around town or putting on the road for a few hours. The trunk is big enough for a couple of large suit cases and the cabin is spacious. It definitely oozes American muscle and makes you feel like you're king of the road. The market is not over saturated with Challengers which is also a plus. Mustangs and Camaros are everywhere.

Favorite Features

Retro Looks, UCONNECT with Navigation, Brembo Brakes, Comfort, 6.1 Hemi Engine, Number of aftermarket mods available, Fun to drive!!! Wow factor!! Oohs and Aahs that I get whenever I take her out for a spin.

Suggested Improvements

Park assist should be standard. Paint quality could be better. Dual power seats. Auto Up Windows.