2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 - Consumer Reviews

SRT8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (15 reviews )
Sold C5 Corvette for this Car!
By dando1 on 06/04/14 09:03 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have had ALOT of cars.. 55 Chevys including a Nomad. GTO, Trans Ams, Etc... I sold the Corvette to buy this car.(Actually looking for a 300 srt8. The corvette was so uncomfortable, and noisy and a hard ride I felt like I was beat up after riding in it for a few hundred miles. I also had a 70 Challenger. The 70 in no way can compare to the new version. This car is so darn comfortable. NO WIND NOISE, or barely any road noise at all. It soaks up road imperfections so nicely. I have read about how the camaro this and how the mustang that. I don't care. First I don't race my cars. Second, there is no way they can have this type of a ride. The heavy car feel is something I love.

Perfect car for a midlife crisis
By fproctor on 03/01/11 09:34 AM (PST)

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

After 5 years of driving a 1500 Ram, I was ready for a change. The TV commercial of the Challenger burning out on pavement in slow motion really hooked me. Dealership had a good discount/incentive for buying a 2010. Absolutely fun car that gets compliments daily wherever I go. The 13 speaker kicker stereo system with sub is awesome. Handling is quite good imo but of course this is coming from a guy that traded in a pickup. The SRT8 seats and interior as a whole looks much better than the bland gray of the lower models. No regrets... fun fun fun!

The Chally
By wakefan01 on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Love the car! the 6.1 is tremendously powerful and fun. Although it may not be the fastest of the mustang and camaro but it sounds amazing. A deep rumble that the others don't make

Plum Crazy ovr this SRT8
By Doug Young on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased the Plum Crazy in the 6 speed with all options, added the cold air intake, tinted the window. What an awesome car! Have gotten 26 mpg on the interstate, but averages about 22 to 23. Has the power when you need it and/ or just want to show people what can do. Have won a few people choice trophies at car shows. Comparing this to other MOPARS that I have owned, this is the greatest! The car handles great, is comfortable, and the navigation system is easy to use.

Turning Heads Everywhere That I Go!
By Corey Allen on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I traded my 09 RT in for my 10 SRT8 I am very pleased with my decision. The suspension is stiffer and the Brembos make the car stop on a dime. The car is very quick and the exhaust note is sublime. The car is definitely an attention grabber and my color choice of Detonator yellow adds fuel to the fire. The Challenger is a car that is great for cruising around town or putting on the road for a few hours. The trunk is big enough for a couple of large suit cases and the cabin is spacious. It definitely oozes American muscle and makes you feel like you're king of the road. The market is not over saturated with Challengers which is also a plus. Mustangs and Camaros are everywhere.

Best Looking car on the road
By Dan on 08/01/10 11:37 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car has exceeded every expectation that I had when I bought it. It drives very smooth, very responsive and when I need power it has more than enough. There is one main problem with owning the SRT8 model. When ever parked or filling up people want to see under the hood and look in the car. It is a real head turner. If you do not like people staring or wanting to talk to you about your car do not buy this one.

Finally, I waited 40 years for this!
By Finally on 07/08/10 18:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

24+ MPG on the road, quiet interior, great sounding exhaust, well balanced ride, no rattles or squeaks, killer sound system...what a car! NO REGRETS. Get yourself one of these MONSTERS, tint the windows, slip on your shades, go styling at the local retro drive in and enjoy showing your new baby off. I got this to trailer behind our RV but I find myself looking for ANY excuse to hop in it and enjoy the experience. Well done Dodge. Thanks!

SRT8 Challenger
By Tony on 06/10/10 21:35 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned many vehicles, but this year's Dodge Challenger SRT8 is absolutely one of the finest vehicles I have ever owned. Power handling, style from the gem of a Hemi engine, good suspension..comfortable seating even for rear passengers and a trunk that you can actually put luggage in, but the performance of this Hemi, sings with 425 horse power. I recommend this car to any driver who loves muscle cars that look good,handle very well, and love the sound of power, this is it! Can't wait for next year, 6.4 liter, 550 Horse power, yah baby!

Awesome car if you have the means
By Plum Carzy SRT8 on 05/25/10 08:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven SUVs all my life and suddenly got an itch for a muscle car. I did not care for the body style of the mustang GT so I decided to look at the Camaro SS or the Challenger SRT8. I test drove the Camaro SS first given the fact it cost about $10000 less than the SRT8. it had really nice features and a decent ride and the power was outstanding but the clutch on the SS was very sharp and had a strong manual (jerky) feel when accelerating. The SRT8 has a much smoother ride, no jerky feel when transitioning gears, the clutch was much more forgiving than the SS. The vehicle has a classic style look that always turns heads and you cant beat the performance of American muscle.

Real American Muscle
By Mike on 04/06/10 18:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car drives like a dream. With the added performance cat back exhaust and the cold air intake, it only gets better and the sound is second to none.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Dodge Challenger Srt8 in VA is:

$155 per month*