Used 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 - Consumer Reviews

SRT8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (17 reviews )

Red-Headed Head Turner with Attitude
By James Green

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a used 2010 SRT-8 Manual 6-speed from Carmax. I have always driven manual transmission cars, but my last car was a BMW 7 series automatic. Due to a unique window in our family cycle, this was the perfect time for a mid-life crisis. Managed to convince the wife about how practical a 2-door muscle car would be for our family with two young kids, ages 11 and 7. Due to several years of not driving a manual I was a little mainly concerned about two things with this car - 1. That it did not have a hand-brake, and 2. That it did not have parking sensors or camera and some reviewers had talked about blind spots. Well, lo and behold, within a few days of buying the car, I was very comfortable with this car. The brake assist feature in this car is a BLESSING, given that it does not have a hand-brake. I have been used to driving manual cars with a hand brake so that when you are on an incline, you can engage the hand brake and release it as you gradually accelerate. With the SRT-8, it has a foot brake and there is no way to release that gradually. Well, the brake assist feature holds the brakes when you are on an incline or decline, which gives you ample time to move your right foot off the brake to the accelerator. The car stays perfectly stationary while you switch pedals. That feeling inspires confidence, as I encounter many garages where the incline is easily 10 to 15 degrees. The second good thing was that the blind spots are not a big deal. I have as good visibility as with my previous BMW, however, as a driver you always have to remember your blind spots. Overall, this car has been driving perfectly and I only had a minor issue with a seat motor, which was replaced by Carmax under their extended warranty. I have put about 5,000 trouble free miles and car has not missed a beat. I had SO MANY issues with my prior BMW as that car was loaded with technical doo-hickeys that were so sensitive that at times when I really accelerated, the BMW would almost choke and start showing engine failure messages and what not. With the SRT-8, I can peel off and the engine just delivers to your commands. The car is very drivable in the city, and the maneuverability is excellent. I think it turns better than my wife's Mazda 6. The keyless start, touchscreen radio, etc are great convenience features. I get a lot of compliments from people, which I never did when I drove my BMW. The best part is drifting while turning corners. By the way, it took me some time to note the message engraved on the driver's side mirror - 'Objects in the window are losing.' That is a true statement. It is lonely at the top....

A fun car to drive!
By wdepipes

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my Plum Crazy Purple Challenger SRT8 6 speed-12000kms, 2nd hand in January of this year. Started driving in April.
What a blast, always brings a smile to my face. Love the looks and the sound of the car. Great seats and great acceleration. Looked at a Mustang but the stick shift was terrible and very tight quarters inside. Very happy with this choice.

Style of the vehicle, 6 speed shifter, front seats which are really supportive and grip you. Absolutely love the sound of the exhaust. Everything is stock on this vehicle - gotten used to the hill start feature and now like it. Nice to have a larger rear seat- huge trunk and like the pass through feature.

Better interior parts- fixed in 2015. Would like to have more options in regards to a spare tire. Okay gas mileage but honestly you don't buy the SRT8 for mileage!

Sold C5 Corvette for this Car!
By dando1

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have had ALOT of cars.. 55 Chevys including a Nomad. GTO, Trans Ams, Etc... I sold the Corvette to buy this car.(Actually looking for a 300 srt8. The corvette was so uncomfortable, and noisy and a hard ride I felt like I was beat up after riding in it for a few hundred miles. I also had a 70 Challenger. The 70 in no way can compare to the new version. This car is so darn comfortable. NO WIND NOISE, or barely any road noise at all. It soaks up road imperfections so nicely. I have read about how the camaro this and how the mustang that. I don't care. First I don't race my cars. Second, there is no way they can have this type of a ride. The heavy car feel is something I love.

Cannot get the heavy car ride in a light tinny car. The seats are heated and wrap you up. I love the lighted door handles and the lighted cup holder. Mercedes designed this chassis and it is top shelf. The car has lots of 1970 carry overs. The lines and the rear backup light in the center, fuel cap, and side markers.. This car is heads up over the corvette.Sure the vette handled better and was quicker. But the corvette is soon forgotten when riding in this smooth riding quiet cabin. More comfort than my Cadillac STS!..Chrysler has the best customer service I have ever seen. They have helped with items on my Cummins even out of Warranty!!! Like to see Camaro or Ford do that.

I would suggest chrome wheel well moldings. a real flip up fuel car. Id like to see the dash lit like the 1970 dash. They were front lit.. it was cool...Id like to see Cragar SS type rally wheels. But other than that this car is a home run... No wonder Chrysler sales have increased.... Keep it up ....

Perfect car for a midlife crisis
By fproctor

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

After 5 years of driving a 1500 Ram, I was ready for a change. The TV commercial of the Challenger burning out on pavement in slow motion really hooked me. Dealership had a good discount/incentive for buying a 2010.
Absolutely fun car that gets compliments daily wherever I go. The 13 speaker kicker stereo system with sub is awesome. Handling is quite good imo but of course this is coming from a guy that traded in a pickup. The SRT8 seats and interior as a whole looks much better than the bland gray of the lower models. No regrets... fun fun fun!

Power, handling, braking, stereo, hot retro exterior styling.

- Functional hood scoop - A more open exhaust to broadcast the growl of the engine - A driver seat that can lean forward to allow better access to back seat (Passenger front seat goes forward only).

The Chally
By wakefan01

2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Love the car! the 6.1 is tremendously powerful and fun. Although it may not be the fastest of the mustang and camaro but it sounds amazing. A deep rumble that the others don't make

6.1L Hemi, exhaust sound, 6 speed with pistol grip, kicker audio system