Used 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

Great car, bought new, currently at 58k miles
By noboringcars

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This was the first American car I have purchased and I haven't regretted it. It's reliable, well supported by the dealer and aftermarket, attractive, comfortable, and has a great owner community. Don't buy this car is you want to remain anonymous. Owning a Challenger is instant rock star status. I've only had 2 issues with the car: 1. the headliner dropped from a bracket behind the sunroof, fixed under warranty. 2. a piece of interior window trim cracked, I replaced it myself in 15 minutes. All in all, it's been a great ownership experience. Parts and service are inexpensive. Lots of opportunity to customize for more performance and/or convenience.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, performance with the V8, interior comfort, ride, performance, fuel economy (18-20 mpg with a V8/auto), reliability. Aftermarket support is a plus, interchangeable parts with the Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum.

Suggested Improvements

Interior materials can be improved, and most likely will be with the 2015 redesign. Offer more interior colors beyond black and red. Lighting in the rear seat can be improved. Build quality can be improved at the factory to increase paint quality and panel gaps, as well as more robust plastic parts.

2010 Furious Fuchsia R/T
By twindavid

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

It was time to face facts. My middle aged body could not keep up with the timeless lines of my 440 Barracuda. It was hot to the extreme, uncomfortable, and cornered worse than my Suburban. Fuchsia...The perfect color! Unusual and as hot as it gets. Aside from the exterior pallet, the interior was the perfect compliment of white leather, fuchsia stitching, and led lighting bliss. This car is what a true muscle car should be. Obnoxiously beautiful! The performance of the car was true to the Edmunds' review, fast yet comfortable to the extreme. The Canadian plant that built her absolutely botched the paint. Actual drips under the door mirror, and dry haze along some seams. (?)

Favorite Features

Slapstick shifter, a true joy to drive. Monster brake calipers, and the ear candy that only the Hemi can produce. The car is a dead on tribute to the 70's offerings.

Suggested Improvements

In this day and age, I was shocked how bad the paint application on the Challenger (Fuchsia) really is. I wonder if it was systemic, or limited to the small run of this unusual color? We alumni who bought the Fuchsia, paid a premium to get it. Too Bad, it is reminiscent of the quality applied by Earl Sheib of yesteryear!

Great baby boomer car!
By Anonymous

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned many cars from the BMW 740li, Mercedes c, Lexus ls 460,and recently a 2010 Mustang v6. The mustang was fun to drive however, was very tight for a big guy. The Dodge is roomy, very fast, fun, looks great, and does not ride like a buckboard, very nice ride, not as smooth as a Lexus however very good. Overall I am very happy and would own another. I did the mopar package with the huge air scoop, very cool.

Favorite Features

Fast, easy in and out, good seating, fits my body well. Great stereo.

Suggested Improvements

I would like the head rest to adjust closer to my head. I feel there is to much travel between my head and the rest.

1 year review
By BriD

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The challenger has been a fun vehicle for me since day 1. It is my first dodge and my daily driver and has performed flawlessly. It is definitely a conversation starter as I have had many people stop and talk about the car and ask questions about it. Never owned a muscle car before and this road cruiser has been a joy with no problems to report.

Favorite Features

Smooth Hemi burble. Large backseat to accommodate passengers. Actual functional trunk space. Satellite radio. Lots of aftermarket support and aftermarket graphics kits to personalize appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Interior is on the plain side as I purchased some aftermarket trim to dress up the doors and dash to my taste.

We love our Challenger R/T Hemi
By David

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

We bought a Challenger R/T 5.7L Hemi after a British friend told me what exceptional cars they are - he's a die-hard fan of the movie "Vanishing Point". I wanted a Hemi but frankly the Chrysler 300C seemed overpriced. We'd had a 300 V/6 Touring that was nice but not fully satisfying. The R/T is superior to the 300 in every way; craftsmanship, power, handling, even comfort & ride. It's a great car for long trips and we always arrive refreshed. Very stable & quiet at speed. Nice LED interior accent lighting. It's been a real attention- getter & ppl still gather around it. Nicely finished everywhere. It has an actual top speed of over 165 mph, limited to 140. Our best car ever for fun & long trips.

Favorite Features

Legendary Hemi power; strong acceleration, smooth ride, quick, stable handling, lumbar support seats, pwr windows seal shut, quiet at speed, efficient dash layout. Interior LED accent lts. Nothing cheap used. 19-27 mpg w/MDS & 5 spd auto-stick. Auto-on headlts. Excellent standard stereo. Big trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Driver's side seat release for rear entry, solved on '11 models. Even more braking power.