Used 2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

110,000 miles and going strong
By Terry

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had my 2010 Challenger R/T 6 speed for 6 years now. The only issue to date is my emergency brake is no longer working properly. Changing out the plugs for tune ups is these easiest of any car I have ever owned (all 16 plugs). Brakes are just as easy. I take long trips (10 1/2 hour long) and feel like I have been in a recliner when I get to my destination. My teenagers ride in the back, plenty of room for them. The trunk space has come in handy many times, I have easily fit a 46 inch TV in there. The car handles great, I average 22 MPH, and when on long trips, consistently get about 26 highway. I still get people stopping and wanting to check to car out all the time. If I would change anything, is to be able to access the rear seats via the driver's side.

Great car, bought new, currently at 58k miles
By noboringcars

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This was the first American car I have purchased and I haven't regretted it. It's reliable, well supported by the dealer and aftermarket, attractive, comfortable, and has a great owner community.

Don't buy this car is you want to remain anonymous. Owning a Challenger is instant rock star status.

I've only had 2 issues with the car:
1. the headliner dropped from a bracket behind the sunroof, fixed under warranty.
2. a piece of interior window trim cracked, I replaced it myself in 15 minutes.

All in all, it's been a great ownership experience. Parts and service are inexpensive. Lots of opportunity to customize for more performance and/or convenience.

Exterior styling, performance with the V8, interior comfort, ride, performance, fuel economy (18-20 mpg with a V8/auto), reliability. Aftermarket support is a plus, interchangeable parts with the Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum.

Interior materials can be improved, and most likely will be with the 2015 redesign. Offer more interior colors beyond black and red. Lighting in the rear seat can be improved. Build quality can be improved at the factory to increase paint quality and panel gaps, as well as more robust plastic parts.

Update from Joe from Amarillo
By slyandvi

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After almost two years I still enjoy driving this car. I have aded many little things to make it my own. like new whiskers with S/E and Sequential lights, chrome the inside

My favorite feature is the body styling and my gadgets.

larger engine and choice of colors inside

2010 Dodge Challenger SE
By fusion42694

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

While the Challenger is fun to drive, it wares out easily. The plastic on the inside is cheaply made, as it is with other Dodge cars. The engine power is great though, and the seats are comfortable. It does not have the handling and pep of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe, but that is probably due to its larger size. Mine has your basic features, and it is noticed as much as the more expensive ones. If you want an all american muscle car and like american cars, this is the one for you.

The quickness of the engine, and the fact that you dont always feel like you are driving a huge car. Also the back seat is not as small as the Mustang, Camaro, or Genesis.

The plastics in the car are cheap and get dirty easily,

2010 Furious Fuchsia R/T
By twindavid

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

It was time to face facts. My middle aged body could not keep up with the timeless lines of my 440 Barracuda. It was hot to the extreme, uncomfortable, and cornered worse than my Suburban.

Fuchsia...The perfect color! Unusual and as hot as it gets. Aside from the exterior pallet, the interior was the perfect compliment of white leather, fuchsia stitching, and led lighting bliss. This car is what a true muscle car should be. Obnoxiously beautiful!

The performance of the car was true to the Edmunds' review, fast yet comfortable to the extreme.

The Canadian plant that built her absolutely botched the paint. Actual drips under the door mirror, and dry haze along some seams. (?)

Slapstick shifter, a true joy to drive. Monster brake calipers, and the ear candy that only the Hemi can produce. The car is a dead on tribute to the 70's offerings.

In this day and age, I was shocked how bad the paint application on the Challenger (Fuchsia) really is. I wonder if it was systemic, or limited to the small run of this unusual color? We alumni who bought the Fuchsia, paid a premium to get it. Too Bad, it is reminiscent of the quality applied by Earl Sheib of yesteryear!