Used 2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

Great car, bought new, currently at 58k miles
By noboringcars

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This was the first American car I have purchased and I haven't regretted it. It's reliable, well supported by the dealer and aftermarket, attractive, comfortable, and has a great owner community. Don't buy this car is you want to remain anonymous. Owning a Challenger is instant rock star status. I've only had 2 issues with the car: 1. the headliner dropped from a bracket behind the sunroof, fixed under warranty. 2. a piece of interior window trim cracked, I replaced it myself in 15 minutes. All in all, it's been a great ownership experience. Parts and service are inexpensive. Lots of opportunity to customize for more performance and/or convenience.

Exterior styling, performance with the V8, interior comfort, ride, performance, fuel economy (18-20 mpg with a V8/auto), reliability. Aftermarket support is a plus, interchangeable parts with the Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger, Dodge Magnum.

Interior materials can be improved, and most likely will be with the 2015 redesign. Offer more interior colors beyond black and red. Lighting in the rear seat can be improved. Build quality can be improved at the factory to increase paint quality and panel gaps, as well as more robust plastic parts.

Update from Joe from Amarillo
By slyandvi

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After almost two years I still enjoy driving this car. I have aded many little things to make it my own. like new whiskers with S/E and Sequential lights, chrome the inside

My favorite feature is the body styling and my gadgets.

larger engine and choice of colors inside

2010 Dodge Challenger SE
By fusion42694

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

While the Challenger is fun to drive, it wares out easily. The plastic on the inside is cheaply made, as it is with other Dodge cars. The engine power is great though, and the seats are comfortable. It does not have the handling and pep of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe, but that is probably due to its larger size. Mine has your basic features, and it is noticed as much as the more expensive ones. If you want an all american muscle car and like american cars, this is the one for you.

The quickness of the engine, and the fact that you dont always feel like you are driving a huge car. Also the back seat is not as small as the Mustang, Camaro, or Genesis.

The plastics in the car are cheap and get dirty easily,

2010 Furious Fuchsia R/T
By twindavid

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

It was time to face facts. My middle aged body could not keep up with the timeless lines of my 440 Barracuda. It was hot to the extreme, uncomfortable, and cornered worse than my Suburban. Fuchsia...The perfect color! Unusual and as hot as it gets. Aside from the exterior pallet, the interior was the perfect compliment of white leather, fuchsia stitching, and led lighting bliss. This car is what a true muscle car should be. Obnoxiously beautiful! The performance of the car was true to the Edmunds' review, fast yet comfortable to the extreme. The Canadian plant that built her absolutely botched the paint. Actual drips under the door mirror, and dry haze along some seams. (?)

Slapstick shifter, a true joy to drive. Monster brake calipers, and the ear candy that only the Hemi can produce. The car is a dead on tribute to the 70's offerings.

In this day and age, I was shocked how bad the paint application on the Challenger (Fuchsia) really is. I wonder if it was systemic, or limited to the small run of this unusual color? We alumni who bought the Fuchsia, paid a premium to get it. Too Bad, it is reminiscent of the quality applied by Earl Sheib of yesteryear!

Love this car! but beware of the back seat
By frylock05

2010 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had both the 2010 Camaro and now I own a 2010 Challenger. Its far more roomy and attracts quite a bit of attention everywhere. It has that original retro look, like a retro remix....lol like the 70's challenger had a baby and this car is it. I only dont like 1 thing and that is that to get in the backseat you have to go threw the passanger side only. Also the seat release on the back of the passanger seat is not safe. I was hit in the eye trying to get out of my backseat by it, I had to have 6 stiches that really did suck..but I still love it its a trully beautiful machine and is a just delight to drive so I reommend it to others...but beware of the back seat.

Radio, easily customizble, very affordible and good on gas on the HWY.

The seat realease I think can be dangerious in an accident.