2009 Dodge Challenger 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Yep it's got a Hemi

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 - Consumer Review

Yep it's got a Hemi
By SEMORE on

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Test drove the Challenger and had to own it. It's a head turner for sure. The Hemi-Orange is a real standout and gets attention. Acceleration is impressive be it gradual on surface streets after upshift, or stomping it on the freeway entrance. Slower than the old 426, but does get up and run. Excellent handling a joy to drive. Moderate pavement noise. Hope it doesn't get worse. This not a young persons car. First time in my life a vette picked a fight, they NEVER do that. I didn't even try, I knew better, and street racing is bad news period. This car is all about the look, feel, and pride of owning one. Glad Chrysler brought it back. Now if they would just retro the Charger....

Favorite Features

The retro look, the 45 mph rumble is sweet music. Excellent handling, safety features, comfort, appearance inside and out. Surprising rear seat comfort, lots of legroom in front seat, 1/4 in window rolldown when opening and closing the doors is great. Wife loves it, scared to drive it.

Suggested Improvements

Dealer incentives should include SRT8. I got zero. Financed thru credit union, no invest in America program savings. I bought Chrysler in Michigan. Nobody cares. Independent attitude, we got it, you want it, cough up 45K. Any wonder why so many purchase non big 3. It's not just the mileage.