2009 Dodge Challenger Consumer Review: Who Knows Yet

2009 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Review

R/T Coupe (5.7L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Who Knows Yet
By Al Mumit on

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wife had to have it. I did not object. It drives easy and the ride is surprisingly smooth. There is plenty of power, it doesn't sound obnoxious, and the Boston Acoustics sound system is quite good. This Challenger beats the snot outta the Mustang in all respects. I drove the GT and the Bullit trying to find a comparable ride. The difference is astounding. I own a Toyota Tacoma, and have always been wary of domestic cars as there are thousands of horror stories. In all, this car is a solid winner. Retro/modern done right, if a little pricey. Never had a muscle car before, and now I know what the stink is about! People can't stop looking at it!

Power, looks, and the wife is tickled. What more can you ask except maybe lower gas prices?

Only had a single problem so far, which was the key sensor transmitter thingy. I still don't love Dodge...but that is starting to change. The only improvement I might make is larger mirrors, as there are some big blind spots behind this car.