Love my B5 Challenger!
By djpatrick35 on
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)
Over the years, I've owned three Corvettes and while I loved those cars, nothing compares to the Challenger. As a 20-something driving an '07 Corvette, most of the attention I was getting was negative whereas the Challenger gets nothing but positive attention. The car is plenty fast for its size and the interior is large and comfortable. At 6'6" few cars can fit me, but the Challenger is very comfortable and I can actually fit three people with me - something I couldn't say with a Camaro or Mustang. The shifts are a little long and the skip-shift, while annoying, is something I'm already used to with my Corvette's Tremec 6-Speed. Overall, I love the look, the character, and speed of my SRT.
Favorite Features
The looks, bar none. I've wanted a Challenger since I saw the concept in 2006 and the production car looks even better than the concept did. The 6.1 isn't nearly as fast as my old Vettes, but with about 700 pounds more heft, that's expected. The pistol grip is to die for and I LOVE my B5 Blue color.
Suggested Improvements
The Tremec is notchy just like it was in my C6, but hey, that's not Chrysler's fault. It could use some weight loss or power gain and the gas mileage is rightfully atrocious, but other than that, it's a masterpiece! I love my SRT!