2009 Dodge Challenger 5.7L V8 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Fountain of Youth

2009 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Review

R/T Coupe (5.7L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Fountain of Youth
By LivingLarge on

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Dropped off my 300C for end of lease to trade in for another, and saw this beauty and fell in love. Employee pricing + 0% financing sealed the deal. Even the wife gave me an okay and my father in law gave thumbs up. Not middle age crisis, but middle age celebration. Full Disclosure: Never had a muscle car as a youth, only two stock 1980s Camaros, so this is filling a void for me - psychoanalyze that. Teenage son and friends are drooling, and middle aged guys come up to me at the laundry, gas station, parking lot, whatever, asking about it, and it is embarrasing since one wants to be humble. But in the end, it's an Ego booster. Chrysler's final mark and legacy if they don't make it.

Favorite Features

The sound of the Hemi 370+ HP engine. The looks one gets. The my gig and iPod interface blasting 70s and 80s music like Heart, Journey, and REO. 3D navigation and voice recogniation. Feeling young again.

Suggested Improvements

Add automatic climate control. Auto shift from 1st to 4th gas saver feature (what were they thinking)needs a disable option. Back seat access from the driver side. Lights for back row. That's all; everything else is great.