Emotional Choice, But No Regrets
By veblenesque on
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
I was in the market for a manual transmission car to drive to work (I also have an older Boxster). I wanted something fun to drive and safe that provided some driving fun. I went to look at the new Mustang and found an 09 Challenger in the used lot. I drove both, and just couldn't shake the fact that the Challenger is just a better looking car that provides the perfect blend of retro muscle car thrills. Yes, it won't outhandle or outrun the mustang, but I smile every time I look at it and love listening to the sound of the engine and the smooth ride on my drive home. Navigation and bluetooth phone are much improved. Soft handling that still corners well when pushed. Love this car.
Favorite Features
Just a very successfully executed tribute to the American muscle car. Love the manual, the engine sound, the modern conveniences, and the surprisingly good seats. More trunk and interior space that competitors as well.
Suggested Improvements
Dash plastic is cheap and reflects on windshield at times. Doesn't handle as well as Mustang/Camaro/370Z/Genesis, but honestly - do you really drive the Nurburgring home from work every day? If not, you might just enjoy this a lot more.