First Muscle Car Owner
By Scott Caldwell on
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)
The 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 is an absolute BEAST!!! I was first drawn to the Challenger by its incredible retro- styling. The broad sholders and intimidating front grill (much different from any other Dodge grill pattern) just made this car stand out and grab your attention. Although the car looks great, what really sold me on the car was the way it drove. Once I sat behind the wheel and drove the SRT8 (with the 6 speed manual transmission) I was simply blown away. The car growled and rumbled with sheer power and accelerated like nothing I have ever driven before. The 6.1 Hemi with the 6 spd transmission convinced me that I would enjoy the Challenger for years to come.
Favorite Features
the 6.1 Hemi and 6 speed transmission sells this car. The sheer acceleration and growl of the powerful engine is its best feature. The car's navigation and blue-tooth sync system is also very nice. Feels like a luxury car more than a rugged Muscle Car inside.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage and an additional push to talk button for the bluetooth system on the sterring wheel are the only improvements I can think of for this car. Gas mileage is hard to improve without sacrificing the power that sells the car in the first place.