Very Impressed with the SRT8 (6M)
By Raszaron on
2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)
This is the first Dodge or Chrysler vehicle that I have ever purchased, and all I can say is that I am VERY impressed! I have owned Ford and Chevy products, but Dodge got theirs right! The ride is smooth yet planted, but if you want to get squirrely just mash the accelerator. As for gas mileage, I typically get 12mpg in city, and 23mpg on the highway. But I didn't buy this car for it's gas mileage, I bought it for it's retro styling and performance. A throw back to the 70 Challenger, and Dodge didn't miss a beat with this car. Also the DriveSRT Experience that is included with purchase of any SRT, WICKED COOL!! This little perk allowed me to race all the SRT vehicles available in 09!
Favorite Features
6.1L Hemi rated at 425hp/425ftlbs... 6 speed manual transmission from the Viper... 3.92 rear gears (65mph = 1500rpm in 6th)... Traction control total and hybrid disabling feature... The bolstered leather/alcantara seats... 1970 Challenger exterior styling with modern comforts...
Suggested Improvements
Change out the Rams Head insignia on the steering wheel to something else, on SRT models, an SRT badge. Just looks generic when the rest of the car screams look at me!