2009 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:
Overall, A Great Car
By Mark Nolan on 12/26/08 19:00 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Saw one on the road and knew then I had to have one. Long time import owner, never in a million years thought I would be driving a Dodge. Been driving it a couple weeks. Meets or exceeds most expectations. Inspect exterior fit and finish closely prior to buying. Some annoying body panel gaps and misaligned hood. Some materials are a little cheesy but overall package outweighs these minor issues.

Hemi Orange & Orange Peel Paint
By Kennan Jay on 12/24/08 15:29 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Performance is fantastic. Fit and finish on par with the early 1970s. True retro in all respects. Hemi orange also means orange peel paint finish. Also, many other paint imperfections. Scratched windshield at delivery. Engine compartment and underside of trunk lid is painted but very poorly. This maybe part of retro feel.

My retirement present!
By Bear Cub 54 on 12/24/08 07:14 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've been following this car ever since it hit the car shows years ago. Had to have one. Dodge did their homework. Bought a 5.7 with 6 speed, loaded.This was my 32nd car/truck purchase since 1970, and this by far is in a class by itself. Real sweet!

An Ultimate Toy
By Scottsman on 12/22/08 01:36 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Drove my brother's 2008 SRT8 & had to have one. This isn't a car anyone needs, but if you have money to waste, you'll never waste it on anything that's more fun to drive. Because of it's size, weight & Goodyear F1 SuperCar tires, it feels as if it's actually attached to the road. No matter how fast that Hemi propels you, the suspension will control the car & those hugh brakes will stop you. You never feel as though you can lose it, except on as little as 1/4" of snow. If you must drive in snow, do not buy the F1 tires. Let's face it, if you're one of the "Green" people, or one of the "PC" crowd, you'll find this car incomprehensible. If you grew up in the 60's, no explanation needed!

Impressed 2009 SRT-8
By TIM C on 12/06/08 13:50 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I owned a 2004 SRT-10 Ram before. I drove the 09 SRT-8 Challenger and fell in love. I had to have it. The smoothness and quality of the ride, the tire burning performance and excellent handling are out of this world but the braking is beyond that! This car is really impressive to say the least.

FINALLY
By Yankee on 12/01/08 18:47 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Oh man, this beast is absolutely awesome! Base non-leather seats are very comfortable and supportive. The pistol-grip 6-speed shifts very well and the clutch isn't heavy at all - the take-up is a little high, but you quickly get used to it. The hill- holder feature comes in handy on hills. The performance of the 5.7 is truly exceptional, and gets noticeably better after 1000 miles. Plan for some extra time at gas stops, as you'll get swarmed by various gawkers and wannabes - this car gets more attention than a Ferrari. The styling is absolutely spot-on, better than the 2006 concept - hard to believe this is the same company that makes the ugly Chrysler Sebring and Jeep Compass.

My TorRed R/T
By HemiEd on 11/14/08 12:45 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned many new cars, and this is the best of them all. They really did a nice job on this car. The performance is outstanding, pure raw power when you want it. Everything works, everything is flawlessly working as it was intended to do. I have put over 4,500 miles on it now, with no issues. The nav system and sound system are nothing short of amazing to me. The interior is clean and very functional. Only a couple things could be improved in my opinion. Once you get used to it, the blind spots are not a problem whatsoever. There is not much I would change on this car, some very small issues. Driving it is such a pleasure, I look forward to it every day! #1 of all the retro cars

Love it
By Bob W. on 11/01/08 10:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Took me back to the 70's era as soon as I saw. Once in and test driving it was all over had to get. It is a defintie head turner, I have people stopping me in traffic, at different places I park and want to talk about and how hot it is. Got to say Dodge got it right on this one. Maybe they should start thinking Cornet 440, theres a lot of us 50 somethings that remember that era, and now have the money to afford one.

challenge this
By tguy on 10/24/08 13:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car two weeks ago and have put just over 2000 miles. "use it for work and pleasure" Everyone is impressed by the car looks and asks the usual questions, what size motor, how fast, blah, blah. I traded in a Mini Cooper S works car so the first thing I noticed is the roomy interior. A bit more power would be nice, but opted for better mileage. Handling was a surprise for this size of car. Much better than I expected. Road noise, what road noise. Electrics are smooth and quiet. Comfort and driving position superb. Yup, happy I got it...

Love my challenger
By zippy on 10/14/08 00:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought my challenger and I love it. It is absolutely the coolest car on the road for the price. I am impressed by the interior design and the stereo is great. Mine has the GPS and it is very user friendly. This is a car I may actually keep for awhile.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Challenger in VA is:

$149 per month*