2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:
Love this car!
By DsM on 10/08/08 12:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great car for the price. It has very decent acceleration for the size and can handle turns at fairly high speeds. I'm used to driving smaller Japanese cars so this was a change. Going with the 3.5 L helps with gas and the overall look of the car(did not like the silver gas cover or wing on the r/t) I also like that the price is 8k less than the r/t. If you go base model, get the G package because it comes with bigger rims and fog lights. It's only $2000 more. But the overall feel is the best I've felt in a long time and it gets the most looks(even in L.A.).I drive in a lot of traffic so I'm averaging a little under 290 miles to the tank. costs $58 to fill up where I'm At.

Who Knows Yet
By Al Mumit on 10/04/08 00:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wife had to have it. I did not object. It drives easy and the ride is surprisingly smooth. There is plenty of power, it doesn't sound obnoxious, and the Boston Acoustics sound system is quite good. This Challenger beats the snot outta the Mustang in all respects. I drove the GT and the Bullit trying to find a comparable ride. The difference is astounding. I own a Toyota Tacoma, and have always been wary of domestic cars as there are thousands of horror stories. In all, this car is a solid winner. Retro/modern done right, if a little pricey. Never had a muscle car before, and now I know what the stink is about! People can't stop looking at it!

2009 Challenger R/T
By Bob Schmidt on 09/14/08 12:11 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Amazing car! Just bought an R/T Challenger yesterday, I'm still in shock!! But what a car. I've owned Camaro's and vettes in the past, but this car is impressive. The ride is almost as comfortable as my 4 dr Chrysler (but with a little more kick). Gas mileage is impressive. I went to the conv. store last night and the whole place emptied out. Folks were taking pictures and I ended up talking with people for a half hour. Highly recommend you go buy one. You won't regret it!

What a fun car to drive.
By maryannhelgeson on 09/02/08 07:38 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Wherever I go, my Challenger gets attention. People ask to take pictures of it, can they drive it, etc. The Challenger is a fun car to drive and handles great. The fuel mileage isn't bad either. Way to go Dodge

Make sure it has the "G" pkge!
By L&G " 2009 " SE-G on 08/29/08 16:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just picked up the new 2009 SE-G Challenger. She's a sweet, boss looking ride. The 1st one off the rail car from the factory, and we got her! Inferno pearl red is a head turner at every light in town. The base MSRP, 09 Challenger is nice, but the dealers are still trying to sell them like the numbered SRT*8, 08's. The 3.5 high output V6 is not very quick off the line, but very quick to respond after you'er out of 1st gear. The car feels well balanced and can scream around bends and turns like the best of them. Outstanding road feel and a rocket on the Hwy. The G package ( 26G )has larger rims, fog lights, all speed traction control, 4 wheels ABS disc brakes, electronic stability program

I love my Challenger
By Janie on 08/25/08 12:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had my red Dodge Challenger for 2 weeks but it is a blast. I wanted the fuel economy (25 mpg) of a 6 cyl so didn't go for the V8. But I have not been disappointed. It has the most comfortable leather seat I've ever sat in and boy does it get the looks. The stereo is great and the retro dash is a joy to look at. I just love it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe in VA is:

$149 per month*