Used 2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

Love the Challenger
By matt

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have always owned Mustangs ever since high school and boy did that change when I saw the new Challenger. I had just got a 2004 Cobra the car of my dreams, or so I thought. One thing I never really cared for was that Mustangs were so small and had no room for family, they also rode a little ruff after a while, definitly not a dailey driver or for road trips. We went to the dealership and they had one left, they wanteed 42, but I talked them down to 34, wich is good considering I live in Cali. My wife was hesitent but after we took it to Oregon to break it in, she fell in love with it. As much as it weighs, this thing is still fast, and so smooth at the same time. Such a head turner.

Favorite Features

Retro look, I fell like I am driving an old muscle car, interior is awsome and roomy too, most comfortable car I have ever driven. Tourque and fast.

Suggested Improvements

Make it a little lighter,and exhuast a little louder, thats about it though.

muscle with attitude
By john webb

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

If you want a car that can blow by a mustang on the highway with ease. If you want a angry muscle car to put those lame import owners with there silly racing pipes to shame. Get this car! The only problem is the my cars' blood lust to destroy every car in it's path. haahaahaa

Favorite Features

the way dodge has brought back the classic look and feel , while adding modern improvements, and not screwing it up

Suggested Improvements

move the parking brake off the floor.

My first Dodge/Hemi
By dodgenewbie

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Nothing like getting behind the wheel of a true American Muscle Car to put a smile on your face. I love driving this car. Makes the adrenalin flow.

Favorite Features

It's a Hemi come on!

Suggested Improvements

better quality interior

Lovin It!
By BearsFanInKansas

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the smaller engine to drive this car to work every day. Would not change a thing about that purchase decision. Others I have spoken with who purchased the larger engines are parking theirs at home rather than enjoying this great new throw-back design from Dodge. Sure, you get to rev the big engines at the light, but that will only happen when it comes out of the garage. I will take the look over muscle on this new Challenger!

Favorite Features

Retro look of the complete design.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any right now.

Just a great Car
By Live in NC

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had mine 5 months. Had some transmission issues for a while but servicing dealer(not the one where I bought it) was great about troubleshooting the problem till it was fixed. Not my every day drive vehicle but when I take the cover off and back it out of the garage on the weekends, it's a blast.

Favorite Features

Deep Sea Blue color and great acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Put a spare tire in it. Better visibility for the turn signal indicators on the dash. Access to the rear seat from drivers side. Sat radio doesn't seem to hold signal very well at times.