Used 2009 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

2009 Dodge Challenger

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

Torred SRT 6spd
By tbonesrt

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The fun to drive factor on the SRT is off of the charts. Agressive driving on the streets does not challenge this car in the least. It is quiet at highway speed. At 75 mph (western States speed limit) It gets better gas mileage than than most 4 cyl. cars. It doesnt brake a sweat cruising at higher speeds. How many econo boxes can average 25 mpg at over 80 mph and do it all day with no issues. America has been fooled into believing that an econo box that gets 35 mpg on the highway will do that at high speeds. NOT!!!...Love this car.

Favorite Features

Lots of trunk space, very comfortable to drive long distances. Very quiet on the highway. Lots of horsepower to play with. Corners very well. Handles bumpy roads extremely well. Stops on a dime and gives you change. Outstanding sound system, it will put the ricers to shame.

Suggested Improvements

gremlins with sunroof operation. Too quiet on the exhaust note. Too heavy

A blast to drive
By navyretired

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car is a blast to drive. It really makes you feel like a rock star when you drive it. Everybody and I mean everybody loves the look of this car. People just stop and stare.

Favorite Features

MyGig and of course the HEMI.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing major really.

New School Tech, Classic Muscle
By byuchallenger

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had this car for half a year or so, and I absolutely adore it! It is a very quick car that has a large aftermarket following to make the car screaming fast. The styling is by far one of the best of any cars out there right now while still being usable. I can fit myself and 3 full sized friends in the car with ease and comfort, something I know isn't possible in the competition. The ride is amazing, seeing as it was fitted with mercedes tuned suspension, and the attention it gets is unmistakable. It's not the fastest car on the road (stock) but there will always be another car that is faster. The looks of this car and the feeling I get is purely unique to the Challenger.

Favorite Features

I love the styling more than just about anything. I'm a young guy who wasn't alive during the original muscle car days, but I surely can appreciate amazing styling when I see it! The 6speed and the 5.7 HEMI (that still gets almost 30 mpg on the freeway as I calculated over a 3000 mile trip) is great

Suggested Improvements

My only wish is that it didn't weigh quite so much. It's great to know I am very safe in the car due to the airbags and safety features, but I wish they didn't add up to a 4000 lb car.

Challenger SRT 8
By Tom Langston

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I previously was forced to sell my 1971 'Cuda. When I saw the Challenger SRT concept car, I thought that my car was reborn! Since I have owned this car, it has not disappointed me. It accelerates, handles, and brakes like no other car that I have owned. Its retro shape and Hemi-orange color turn heads every where I go.

Favorite Features

Under 5 sec. 0-60 mph acceleration and fantastic retro styling. Dodge "hit a home run" on this car. The SRT Track Experience and 1-year free Sirus radio are nice bonuses.

Suggested Improvements

The SRT auto. needs a louder exhaust and a fix for the intermittent working key fob. Also, Dodge should provide a spare tire rather than a tire pump and flat sealant.

Feel Like a Celebrity
By johndm

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great car, probably the best I have ever owned. The car is quiet, runs smooth, gets a lot better gas mileage than I anticipated, and has power to spare. The most fun is that I feel like a celebrity. I have had this black Challenger R/T for about 4 months. I have met more people who just want to talk about the car. I constantly get the thumbs up. The Japanese can't design and make a car like a Challenger with this styling, power and performance, and at a great price. This is American automotive know-how at its best.

Favorite Features

The power of the 5.7L Hemi.

Suggested Improvements

A drivers seat that moves forward on a release, like the passengers seat.