2009 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:
Beyond my expectations
By Gringo on 03/01/09 05:49 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Got the black on black R/T with the 6 speed track pak.I love to start this car and hear the pipes rumble. I ease that clutch and she bites a chunk of pavement and begs for more road to eat up.Second day I had it we went for a 3 hour ride across the state. With 6 gears the motor breathes and sips the gasoline for 22 mpg. On the street people stare at this car like they are watching a magic trick.

Heart throb car!
By Dave on 02/23/09 22:56 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I knew when I purchased the Challenger SRT8 in Hemi orange that I would get attention but I did not expect so much. It is a social experiment every time I take this car out. Part of the effect is on me as I feel my juices flow every time I take it out. But the bigger laugh is all the comments, thumbs up, and gawkers everywhere I go. I could have bought a car for six figures and it would not have grabbed so much attention as this Challenger does. I have even had the county sherriff deputies following me in their Charger and scoping out my Challenger. The best part is that it is as crazy fast as it looks and that Sherriff Charger would not have stood a chance.

Get it while you still can
By KP on 02/23/09 05:03 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car is nothing but pleasure! If you want to be noticed and feel like a rock star on a daily basis, get behind the wheel of the Challenger. I purchased a black 6 speed R/T and do not have one complaint with the car. The seats are more than comfortable, the performance is great and when you can keep your foot out of the floor, the gas mileage isn't bad for a sports car. Back seat room is good for this type of car too.

Love My Car
By Silver RT on 02/19/09 22:40 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just got my Challenger RT 4 days ago and I can't think of anything I woul dlike to drive more. The performance on the RT if great. 6 speed manual gives you the ability to drive like it was ment to be driven. I still haven't turned on the radio because I love listening to the car rumble as I drive.

43 going on 19
By Bill on 02/17/09 02:09 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have found the fountain of youth and its parked in my driveway. My kids are 8 & 11 and they are already fighting over who will get this car when they can drive! I'm kinda thinking they will need to get there own! My daughter said I am not cool enough to drive this car. Maybe not, but I look good and feel good every time I get behind the wheel! I haven't felt this way about a car in a very long time! I don't know were Detroit has been the past 25 years but they finally got something right!

Dream car
By Gene on 02/14/09 00:38 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Ive been watching these since the concept car in 06 (owned Cudas and Challengers as a young man). I finally drove one and left the lot with it. Ive owned Vettes and Saabs and this car blows them away. I can't wait each day to go fire her up. Manual transmission is fantastic. Sometimes forget it has the 6th gear. Very comfortable, smooth ride. Handles like a dream. With current incentives it made this car more affordable (comes with lifetime drive train warranty). Having owned old style Cudas and Challenger the upgrades done on this modern Challenger are superb. Many people give the thumbs up or stop me to ask questions. This is a keeper.

Misfire on 6 speed SRT
By biffdog on 02/10/09 12:29 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I finally thought I had bought my dream car only to have it be a nightmare. Why is no talking about the misfire issues with the 6 speed SRT8. From what I have heard, this is a very common problem with no fix to date. Buyer beware.

An awesome machine
By 09challenger on 02/08/09 10:14 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently purchased an 09 challenger Hemi R/T Black/Black, leather, Trak Pak. Got $4000 off sticker and 0% for 48 months. A bargain. I have purchased over 20 cars since 1986, including some expensive German iron, and the Challenger is in a class by itself. You are truly the king of the road in this car. It is more than just a retro design excercise, it is a great car in its own right, and possibly the last of its kind. If you are thinking about getting one, do yourself and the economy a favor and do it. You won't regret it.

Black on Black R/T on 20in chrome
By Mann on 01/09/09 22:24 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I got mine sightly under invoice after a cash offer and a strict out the door desired price. They took the offer and I gave them the check. The style of the car caught my attention, then after a test drive i wanted one. The interior is very comfortable, very nicely done leather seats. The power sunroof is an bonus feature. The car still gets ton of looks but most importantly it has the look i want, the performance, and makes driving fun.

Midlife Crisis Mobile
By Jarhead on 01/05/09 20:22 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my Challenger during holiday vacation as a present to myself for my 40th birthday. Was considering all the known 40ish suspects - Acura, BMW, Infiniti, etc. but wanted to get something different and more exciting. Saw the Challenger and had to have it. Drove the Charger and liked it but fell hard for the styling and ride of the Challenger. Love the way it drives - power, control and fun. Have already had several folks follow me to a stoplight or gas station to ask about the car. Lots of thumbs up and nods from other guys with cool car envy. Opted for the R/T as a compromise vs the upgrade to SRT. All black with tinted windows looks awesome. The best car I have owned to date.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Challenger in VA is:

$149 per month*