Used 2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

Most Helpful|
one complaint
By Bill

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I could not afford the RT so I bought the SE cause I had to have it. It is a beautiful car in every respect. I will soon be installing some upgrades, duals, air charger. V chip. It will then sound as good as it looks and go a little better. This car has the 18 inch aluminum wheels and I have no plans to change them.

Favorite Features

Body styling

Suggested Improvements

one touch up windows. The windows freeze at the lower stiping and do not drop out of the upper seals, this is a real concern for anyone who drives it in the winter. Still looking for a solution to this. I don't drive it in the winter myself and it still bites because I need to start it once a week.

Buysomethingelse
By 09SEG1Kover

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Awesome design, blast from the past. Just wish they put more thought into building this car. We've had it for almost 3 yrs and have 18,000 miles on her. We belong to several car clubs amd keep the car in SHOW condition at any one moment. The plastic black trim pieces have all been replaced due to discoloring and warping. The dash has been replaced due to no support around front passenger air bag. And the dash is sinking again in less than a yr after they fixed it the first time. Just brought it back to dealership, and they won't fix it again. They say its just the design. The door sill, hood, and truck areas always get wet and dirty from poor design of seals. Way under powered V6.

Favorite Features

Total head turner. Win 1st at most shows with the Infero red clear coat paint. Added cold air intake and due 18-20 mpg in town. Not a lot of them out there compared to stangs and camaro's. Cant walk away from the car with out someone saying sweet ride dude. I'm 6ft 6" and fits great for tall people.

Suggested Improvements

Base HP poor, i know it's on the way in 2012. Door hood trunk seals to keep out dirt and water. Rag top it already it was designed for it when they started production. Factory Catbacks and cold air intake stock from factory. Better plastics and better cloth seats

Best new generation muscle car
By gmtruckman

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Fantastic in every way. I have the track pack option with the 6 speed and larger rear differential. I ordered the car from dodge in 2008 and have had it for three years with only two tiny issues which are not even the fault of the vehicle. The keyless entry button had a short and the rt logo had the paint peel off on the grill. Otherwise awesome on gas for a v8and very comfortable...even room for cars seats for the kids. The shift linkage on the tremec is sloppy but I put in the hurst linkage and makes it good.

Favorite Features

Looks, power, fuel economy, big trunk

Suggested Improvements

Rear view mirror dimmer and a better stereo like the one on the art would be nice.

New School Tech, Classic Muscle
By byuchallenger

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had this car for half a year or so, and I absolutely adore it! It is a very quick car that has a large aftermarket following to make the car screaming fast. The styling is by far one of the best of any cars out there right now while still being usable. I can fit myself and 3 full sized friends in the car with ease and comfort, something I know isn't possible in the competition. The ride is amazing, seeing as it was fitted with mercedes tuned suspension, and the attention it gets is unmistakable. It's not the fastest car on the road (stock) but there will always be another car that is faster. The looks of this car and the feeling I get is purely unique to the Challenger.

Favorite Features

I love the styling more than just about anything. I'm a young guy who wasn't alive during the original muscle car days, but I surely can appreciate amazing styling when I see it! The 6speed and the 5.7 HEMI (that still gets almost 30 mpg on the freeway as I calculated over a 3000 mile trip) is great

Suggested Improvements

My only wish is that it didn't weigh quite so much. It's great to know I am very safe in the car due to the airbags and safety features, but I wish they didn't add up to a 4000 lb car.

fun car when it will start
By bsisco

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

beware, after a year of good reliability my car like many others has developed wireless ignition node issues.W.I.N module. Sometimes the car will start and run and other days it will not. It started this at 36000 miles. After weeks of online info browsing I've come to the conclusion that this issue is rarely resolved correctly at the dealers and is not an issue I can fix myself do the the complicated programming and tools needed to do the job. As for now, I pay a payment for a car that is no where near as reliable as my 2nd car...a 2000 mustang with over 200,000 trouble free miles on it. This is my first dodge product and clearly my last.

Favorite Features

Looks and performance, but I have owned late model mustangs that are faster.

Suggested Improvements

remove the keyless go system and win module so the car will start and run dependably like the millions of ford products on the roads today.