Used 2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

New School Tech, Classic Muscle
By byuchallenger

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had this car for half a year or so, and I absolutely adore it! It is a very quick car that has a large aftermarket following to make the car screaming fast. The styling is by far one of the best of any cars out there right now while still being usable. I can fit myself and 3 full sized friends in the car with ease and comfort, something I know isn't possible in the competition. The ride is amazing, seeing as it was fitted with mercedes tuned suspension, and the attention it gets is unmistakable. It's not the fastest car on the road (stock) but there will always be another car that is faster. The looks of this car and the feeling I get is purely unique to the Challenger.

I love the styling more than just about anything. I'm a young guy who wasn't alive during the original muscle car days, but I surely can appreciate amazing styling when I see it! The 6speed and the 5.7 HEMI (that still gets almost 30 mpg on the freeway as I calculated over a 3000 mile trip) is great

My only wish is that it didn't weigh quite so much. It's great to know I am very safe in the car due to the airbags and safety features, but I wish they didn't add up to a 4000 lb car.

Feel Like a Celebrity
By johndm

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great car, probably the best I have ever owned. The car is quiet, runs smooth, gets a lot better gas mileage than I anticipated, and has power to spare. The most fun is that I feel like a celebrity. I have had this black Challenger R/T for about 4 months. I have met more people who just want to talk about the car. I constantly get the thumbs up. The Japanese can't design and make a car like a Challenger with this styling, power and performance, and at a great price. This is American automotive know-how at its best.

The power of the 5.7L Hemi.

A drivers seat that moves forward on a release, like the passengers seat.

Fun Car With Glitches
By moparfool

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Generally a great car. I have always really liked the late 1960s Dodge B body (Charger) and E body (Challenger) cars. The new Challenger distills the old E body car design without the noise, handling, body flex, and 10 mile per gallon issues of the older muscle cars. The acceleration and handling are great, IMO. I picked the 5.7 liter R/T as the best compromise on engine power, cost, and gas mileage. There have been two glitches; at 3500 miles the airbag light came on for a few seconds while cruising. And at 4000 miles the alternator / battery light came on and stayed on until I shut the engine off and restarted. The dealer checked all wiring and found nothing.

Hemi Orange color sure gets attention. People love the car and how it looks. Twenty inch wheels look great; nice growl from the exhaust pipes; excellent boulevard and freeway ride. Has a wind noise free and quiet ride, and a great sound system.

Turn signal indication location is very poor. Getting into the back seat is not for the faint of heart.

Why Wait?
By Glenn R

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Fantastic Auto! Got the 6speed manual been geting 29.5 mpg here in New Hampshire on the highway. the average mpg is around 25mpg. this mpg does drop when I show off or when speeds exceed 75mph car handles well even at speeds in excess of 100mph (straight line that is) fun to drive on twisting Vermont roads. over 9300 miles now engine and drive train great car cant say enough about it. If you want one buy it now. dont what the goverment will have you driving around in the "the people's car" they will all look the same performance will be some thing we will dream about (remember the Yugo?)

Trak Pack, 6 speed manual, 345cid Hemi, sound system, out side style

lower reverse gear. get rid of hood prop rod.

It doesn't get any better...
By 98neonrt

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Trading in my 2008 Caliber R/T AWD for this beautiful peice of Muscle was the best thing I have ever done. This car has everything...Power, comfort, looks, reliability, and FUN! My girl is a Hemi Orange, 6 speed manual with stripes. We turn heads everywhere we go. I work at a large retailer, and customers actually ask who owns the car and seek me out to tell me they love it:) (& are usually surprised I'm female) I've had no issues with the car during the 1st 3500 miles. I get about 17mpg in town and about 21mpg on highway trips. The trunk is huge, and the extra spot where the spare tire would be is very useful to store small items (like her own little vacuum)out of sight with no rattling.

Leather, POWER!, smooth ride, retro styling, huge trunk, comfort, radio w/satellite info available, mpg, sunroof, did I mention POWER??? I am now quite used to the hill-start assist, and even think I like it.

Get rid of auto shift to 4th from 1st...it is very irritating. Plum Crazy...really, it would be perfect (my husband is SO happy it was not available), a little more leg room in the back would be great - the trunk is huge- I think they could have adjusted something there.