2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:
Black on Black R/T on 20in chrome
By Mann on 01/09/09 22:24 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I got mine sightly under invoice after a cash offer and a strict out the door desired price. They took the offer and I gave them the check. The style of the car caught my attention, then after a test drive i wanted one. The interior is very comfortable, very nicely done leather seats. The power sunroof is an bonus feature. The car still gets ton of looks but most importantly it has the look i want, the performance, and makes driving fun.

Midlife Crisis Mobile
By Jarhead on 01/05/09 20:22 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought my Challenger during holiday vacation as a present to myself for my 40th birthday. Was considering all the known 40ish suspects - Acura, BMW, Infiniti, etc. but wanted to get something different and more exciting. Saw the Challenger and had to have it. Drove the Charger and liked it but fell hard for the styling and ride of the Challenger. Love the way it drives - power, control and fun. Have already had several folks follow me to a stoplight or gas station to ask about the car. Lots of thumbs up and nods from other guys with cool car envy. Opted for the R/T as a compromise vs the upgrade to SRT. All black with tinted windows looks awesome. The best car I have owned to date.

Overall, A Great Car
By Mark Nolan on 12/26/08 19:00 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Saw one on the road and knew then I had to have one. Long time import owner, never in a million years thought I would be driving a Dodge. Been driving it a couple weeks. Meets or exceeds most expectations. Inspect exterior fit and finish closely prior to buying. Some annoying body panel gaps and misaligned hood. Some materials are a little cheesy but overall package outweighs these minor issues.

Hemi Orange & Orange Peel Paint
By Kennan Jay on 12/24/08 15:29 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Performance is fantastic. Fit and finish on par with the early 1970s. True retro in all respects. Hemi orange also means orange peel paint finish. Also, many other paint imperfections. Scratched windshield at delivery. Engine compartment and underside of trunk lid is painted but very poorly. This maybe part of retro feel.

My retirement present!
By Bear Cub 54 on 12/24/08 07:14 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've been following this car ever since it hit the car shows years ago. Had to have one. Dodge did their homework. Bought a 5.7 with 6 speed, loaded.This was my 32nd car/truck purchase since 1970, and this by far is in a class by itself. Real sweet!

FINALLY
By Yankee on 12/01/08 18:47 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Oh man, this beast is absolutely awesome! Base non-leather seats are very comfortable and supportive. The pistol-grip 6-speed shifts very well and the clutch isn't heavy at all - the take-up is a little high, but you quickly get used to it. The hill- holder feature comes in handy on hills. The performance of the 5.7 is truly exceptional, and gets noticeably better after 1000 miles. Plan for some extra time at gas stops, as you'll get swarmed by various gawkers and wannabes - this car gets more attention than a Ferrari. The styling is absolutely spot-on, better than the 2006 concept - hard to believe this is the same company that makes the ugly Chrysler Sebring and Jeep Compass.

My TorRed R/T
By HemiEd on 11/14/08 12:45 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned many new cars, and this is the best of them all. They really did a nice job on this car. The performance is outstanding, pure raw power when you want it. Everything works, everything is flawlessly working as it was intended to do. I have put over 4,500 miles on it now, with no issues. The nav system and sound system are nothing short of amazing to me. The interior is clean and very functional. Only a couple things could be improved in my opinion. Once you get used to it, the blind spots are not a problem whatsoever. There is not much I would change on this car, some very small issues. Driving it is such a pleasure, I look forward to it every day! #1 of all the retro cars

Love it
By Bob W. on 11/01/08 10:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Took me back to the 70's era as soon as I saw. Once in and test driving it was all over had to get. It is a defintie head turner, I have people stopping me in traffic, at different places I park and want to talk about and how hot it is. Got to say Dodge got it right on this one. Maybe they should start thinking Cornet 440, theres a lot of us 50 somethings that remember that era, and now have the money to afford one.

challenge this
By tguy on 10/24/08 13:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this car two weeks ago and have put just over 2000 miles. "use it for work and pleasure" Everyone is impressed by the car looks and asks the usual questions, what size motor, how fast, blah, blah. I traded in a Mini Cooper S works car so the first thing I noticed is the roomy interior. A bit more power would be nice, but opted for better mileage. Handling was a surprise for this size of car. Much better than I expected. Road noise, what road noise. Electrics are smooth and quiet. Comfort and driving position superb. Yup, happy I got it...

Love my challenger
By zippy on 10/14/08 00:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought my challenger and I love it. It is absolutely the coolest car on the road for the price. I am impressed by the interior design and the stereo is great. Mine has the GPS and it is very user friendly. This is a car I may actually keep for awhile.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe in NJ is:

$255 per month*