2009 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:
Hemi Orange SRT8 6 speed Manual
By Eric G on 04/26/09 15:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

WOW, Bring back the E-Body Mopars with all we loved Plus. Add stopping, turning, reliability, gadgets to my old 71 Cuda and you scratch the surface of what this car is. Although a little porky due to all the gadgets and safety equipment, this baby still performs well. The car gets more attention than anything out there and in case someone didn't notice stomp on it and the 6 speed version roars loauder than the auto since the suitcase muffler is deleted. The car handles well and the performance gauges show some of my roadcourse results with 0.99 lateral acceleration. Thew car seats 5 so my family of 5 can fit for some cruises or to shows without the need of a 2nd vehicle. Car is AWESOME

Still Smiling
By Mike on 04/25/09 12:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my Challenger for 7 months now and I still grin when I get in it. The car always draws lots of attention; I've even had people take pictures of it at stop lights! The performance is stellar. I took it and my 540i BMW to the Miami Homestead Speedway for an all day race. My son drover the BMW and I drove the Challenger along with 20 or so other cars. I fully expected the BMW to out corner the Challenger but the reverse was true. The Challenger took the turns faster and more sure footed than the BMW and blew it away on acceleration. The brakes were truly awesome never fading in stopping this 4,200 beast. I passed several Corvettes and never once hinted of spinning it out. WOW

Love it!
By Liz on 04/14/09 12:06 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought it as a Valentine gift for my husband. He loves it. Everybody in town stop and ask about the car.

my CHALLENGER
By Vince on 04/12/09 22:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my new Challenger it is a very well put together car I have the r/t version it has plenty of get up and go and handles very well lots of looks from people everyone with any kind of sport car wants to race haven't lost yet only dislike is the shift assist from 1 to 4 if you are not on the accelerator in 1st. Great car and I have owned a lot of muscle in the past such as z28,409/w3 duces in a 61 impala, 68 gto just to mention a few. Hang tough at the dealerships when buying they will come down if your strong.

Fun to drive
By greggw34 on 03/26/09 08:08 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car, everyone stops me and wants to talk about this car, I went with the se model due to pricing.. Add dual cat back exhaust where I felt more power response. Getting the Windows tinted was not a good experience... Thinking about adding cold air intake down the road, I had one problem with mine at 500 miles had a problem with the engine? told me the flywheel was damaged? scary but the dealership fixed it, and had no problems since at least for now the car is great to drive, wish the v6 had a little more power...

Better than foreign Cars costing 2x more
By MyBadBlackChallenger on 03/18/09 20:18 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

These so call expert "reporters" want to compare this car to Mustang but I disagree. I compare this car to any 2 door BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, and Aston Martin. Dollar for Dollar the Challenger Blows them all away. This car is beautiful in every way, drives like a car costing 2 to 3 times as much. Dodge did a great job with this vehicle, it may be one of the best looking cars available for any price. This car has it all Beautiful styling, excellent power, great fuel economy for a car of this horsepower, very comfortable functional and beautiful interior. If your looking for a coupe with space and power to match its looks (unlike say an accord) this baby is for you.

Two tons of Fun!
By Adam Morse on 03/14/09 23:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Chrysler nailed it when they built this baby! The retro styling and big engine take me back to when I had my old muscle cars. This car is not about economy, thrift, or "green" driving. This car says "I love to drive!" The acceleration is heart-thumping, the braking is excellent, the handling is very good and right down to the "thump" of the doors, everything is just as a muscle car should be. The only thing that I wasn't prepared for was the "rock star" treatment from people everywhere. People stop their cars beside mine, the give me the thumbs up, I have even had some guys ask me to pop the hood. I have met quite a few good people through this car.

Fountain of Youth
By LivingLarge on 03/07/09 19:14 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Dropped off my 300C for end of lease to trade in for another, and saw this beauty and fell in love. Employee pricing + 0% financing sealed the deal. Even the wife gave me an okay and my father in law gave thumbs up. Not middle age crisis, but middle age celebration. Full Disclosure: Never had a muscle car as a youth, only two stock 1980s Camaros, so this is filling a void for me - psychoanalyze that. Teenage son and friends are drooling, and middle aged guys come up to me at the laundry, gas station, parking lot, whatever, asking about it, and it is embarrasing since one wants to be humble. But in the end, it's an Ego booster. Chrysler's final mark and legacy if they don't make it.

2009 R/T w/6spd.
By ziapiper on 03/07/09 18:59 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

it still garners a lot of attention when i take it out for a spin. it feels a little underpowered for a 4000 lb. car. my biggest concern is the problem i have sometimes shifting from 1st to second. it goes into fourth, and when i try to go into second, it prevents me and i end up shifting into third. but it puts the fun back into driving.

Spectacular American Muscle Car
By Ray on 03/06/09 10:23 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car will impress you in ways you can't imagine. For years I have wished that Dodge would take the body style of a 1970's era Challenger and put in on a modern chassis. This car has the retro styling without the drawbacks. I have the 5.7L Hemi mated to the 6-speed manual. It was the only option I wanted or paid for. That made this car a bargain high-performance car, especially when you factor in the incentives being offered. It is a blast to drive. It has a tight ride without being too stiff. It turns everyone's head. I love it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Challenger in VA is:

$149 per month*