2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:
Two tons of Fun!
By Adam Morse on 03/14/09 23:08 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Chrysler nailed it when they built this baby! The retro styling and big engine take me back to when I had my old muscle cars. This car is not about economy, thrift, or "green" driving. This car says "I love to drive!" The acceleration is heart-thumping, the braking is excellent, the handling is very good and right down to the "thump" of the doors, everything is just as a muscle car should be. The only thing that I wasn't prepared for was the "rock star" treatment from people everywhere. People stop their cars beside mine, the give me the thumbs up, I have even had some guys ask me to pop the hood. I have met quite a few good people through this car.

Fountain of Youth
By LivingLarge on 03/07/09 19:14 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Dropped off my 300C for end of lease to trade in for another, and saw this beauty and fell in love. Employee pricing + 0% financing sealed the deal. Even the wife gave me an okay and my father in law gave thumbs up. Not middle age crisis, but middle age celebration. Full Disclosure: Never had a muscle car as a youth, only two stock 1980s Camaros, so this is filling a void for me - psychoanalyze that. Teenage son and friends are drooling, and middle aged guys come up to me at the laundry, gas station, parking lot, whatever, asking about it, and it is embarrasing since one wants to be humble. But in the end, it's an Ego booster. Chrysler's final mark and legacy if they don't make it.

2009 R/T w/6spd.
By ziapiper on 03/07/09 18:59 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

it still garners a lot of attention when i take it out for a spin. it feels a little underpowered for a 4000 lb. car. my biggest concern is the problem i have sometimes shifting from 1st to second. it goes into fourth, and when i try to go into second, it prevents me and i end up shifting into third. but it puts the fun back into driving.

Spectacular American Muscle Car
By Ray on 03/06/09 10:23 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car will impress you in ways you can't imagine. For years I have wished that Dodge would take the body style of a 1970's era Challenger and put in on a modern chassis. This car has the retro styling without the drawbacks. I have the 5.7L Hemi mated to the 6-speed manual. It was the only option I wanted or paid for. That made this car a bargain high-performance car, especially when you factor in the incentives being offered. It is a blast to drive. It has a tight ride without being too stiff. It turns everyone's head. I love it.

Beyond my expectations
By Gringo on 03/01/09 05:49 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Got the black on black R/T with the 6 speed track pak.I love to start this car and hear the pipes rumble. I ease that clutch and she bites a chunk of pavement and begs for more road to eat up.Second day I had it we went for a 3 hour ride across the state. With 6 gears the motor breathes and sips the gasoline for 22 mpg. On the street people stare at this car like they are watching a magic trick.

Get it while you still can
By KP on 02/23/09 05:03 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car is nothing but pleasure! If you want to be noticed and feel like a rock star on a daily basis, get behind the wheel of the Challenger. I purchased a black 6 speed R/T and do not have one complaint with the car. The seats are more than comfortable, the performance is great and when you can keep your foot out of the floor, the gas mileage isn't bad for a sports car. Back seat room is good for this type of car too.

Love My Car
By Silver RT on 02/19/09 22:40 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I just got my Challenger RT 4 days ago and I can't think of anything I woul dlike to drive more. The performance on the RT if great. 6 speed manual gives you the ability to drive like it was ment to be driven. I still haven't turned on the radio because I love listening to the car rumble as I drive.

43 going on 19
By Bill on 02/17/09 02:09 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have found the fountain of youth and its parked in my driveway. My kids are 8 & 11 and they are already fighting over who will get this car when they can drive! I'm kinda thinking they will need to get there own! My daughter said I am not cool enough to drive this car. Maybe not, but I look good and feel good every time I get behind the wheel! I haven't felt this way about a car in a very long time! I don't know were Detroit has been the past 25 years but they finally got something right!

Dream car
By Gene on 02/14/09 00:38 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Ive been watching these since the concept car in 06 (owned Cudas and Challengers as a young man). I finally drove one and left the lot with it. Ive owned Vettes and Saabs and this car blows them away. I can't wait each day to go fire her up. Manual transmission is fantastic. Sometimes forget it has the 6th gear. Very comfortable, smooth ride. Handles like a dream. With current incentives it made this car more affordable (comes with lifetime drive train warranty). Having owned old style Cudas and Challenger the upgrades done on this modern Challenger are superb. Many people give the thumbs up or stop me to ask questions. This is a keeper.

An awesome machine
By 09challenger on 02/08/09 10:14 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I recently purchased an 09 challenger Hemi R/T Black/Black, leather, Trak Pak. Got $4000 off sticker and 0% for 48 months. A bargain. I have purchased over 20 cars since 1986, including some expensive German iron, and the Challenger is in a class by itself. You are truly the king of the road in this car. It is more than just a retro design excercise, it is a great car in its own right, and possibly the last of its kind. If you are thinking about getting one, do yourself and the economy a favor and do it. You won't regret it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe in VA is:

$149 per month*