2009 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews 6

2009 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:
Just a great Car
By Live in NC on 05/22/09 13:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Had mine 5 months. Had some transmission issues for a while but servicing dealer(not the one where I bought it) was great about troubleshooting the problem till it was fixed. Not my every day drive vehicle but when I take the cover off and back it out of the garage on the weekends, it's a blast.

Blast from the past
By Linmare on 05/19/09 17:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I had dreams of buying this car once I saw it as a concept vehicle. The picture of the car stayed posted on my refrigerator for the next 2 years. I finally took the plunge and treated my self to a virtual fountain of youth. Yes, back to my muscle car days of Camaros, Corvettes and Monte SS. (I still have the 1970 AMX!) This car is a pleasure to drive and I must say, no matter where I go, people look, thumbs up, ask questions and even ask if they can sit in it. A definite head turner and handles like dream.The 6.1 hemi under the hood makes this car a real animal!(Did I mention it gets better gas mileage than my Durango did) Great job on this baby!

My Challey
By Rick on 05/19/09 13:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is one of the most fun cars to drive. It's fast, like 140mph on a two lane parkway fast, yet it rides like a luxury car.

Beauty of the Beast
By Bob A on 05/18/09 19:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I can't wait to turn the key every morning. For the money, there's not another car on the road like it. Get comments almost every time I go somewhere. I have a problem with the six speed manual trans....occasionally goes from first to fourth gear. Minor rattle in the driver's side door. Get about 19 miles per gallon overall. Would still purchase this car if I had it to do over again.

Yep it's got a Hemi
By SEMORE on 05/18/09 00:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Test drove the Challenger and had to own it. It's a head turner for sure. The Hemi-Orange is a real standout and gets attention. Acceleration is impressive be it gradual on surface streets after upshift, or stomping it on the freeway entrance. Slower than the old 426, but does get up and run. Excellent handling a joy to drive. Moderate pavement noise. Hope it doesn't get worse. This not a young persons car. First time in my life a vette picked a fight, they NEVER do that. I didn't even try, I knew better, and street racing is bad news period. This car is all about the look, feel, and pride of owning one. Glad Chrysler brought it back. Now if they would just retro the Charger....

I love my R/T and my R/T loves me
By Marisa on 05/12/09 13:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was looking to trade up from my 2003 Honda Accord to either a BMW or a Lexus when I saw one of these magical cars on the road and my jaw dropped. I decided to take a test drive expecting the car to be rough around the edges and not refined enough for my taste. Boy was I wrong! This car has everything you could ever ask for...unmatched power and the most comfortable ride I've ever experienced. It reminds me of my grandparents Caddy...super plush but this car is so stylish and soooo fast. Nobody has been able to keep up with me. The looks from people everywhere I go are priceless. Like others, I've had people honk, take pictures, etc. Definitely get the R/T in the 6 speed! Love it!

Man oh man....
By Eddie on 05/11/09 23:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All I can say is "Wow." I LOVE this car. I'm not a car man, per say, although I've always had an appreciation for good-looking ones. And the first time I saw it, I just knew I had to have it. Several months later, I'm picking mine up on my dinner break. I like to believe that I carry myself with modesty for the most part, but admittedly I do enjoy the attention she gets. Ask any Challenger owner. It's just such a beautiful car. I still turn several times to look at it as I walk away after parking it. To top it off, it's a fantastic ride and the price is unbelievable for the package. Much more old-school than the Camaro.

AWESOME AUTO
By catsmandan on 05/09/09 11:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

We got the R/T with the automatic tranny. Great car for cruising with the family. Awesome power and drivability. Tried out a Mustang GT but the back seat was almost non- existant, so opted to try out the Challenger. Dodge really got it right with this car! Beautiful styling, great fit and finish, excellent power and handling! The 6 speaker sound system is great. The seats are very comfortable. This car is a blast to drive! A real HEAD TURNER!

Most fun Car I've owned.
By Mike W on 04/30/09 14:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love the 6 speed manual transmission. The car is fun and comfortable.

Camaro? No thanks.
By Troy on 04/28/09 13:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

we went to the dealership just to rule out the Challenger, because we had every intention of getting the Camaro but I was very impressed and when I did finally see the Camaro, there was no doubt in our minds that the Challenger was it. This car rocks, orange w/black stripes,20inch wheels,manual,sunroof,leather seat,the looks everytime we go out, honks,stares,waves,thumbs up from people I have never met. My wife drove it home while I was at work, when I started it for the first time in my garage, I giggled like a little school girl when I heard the sound of the exhaust. We first tried to order a V6 and the deal fell through, I'm so thankful it did, the 5.7 V8 Hemi is awesome.