Used 2009 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

HEMI - I got one!
By mackyds

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have waited many a year for this kind of vehicle, and now I have one! I still remember the hemi-cudas, six-pac super bees, etc. but never owned one. When I seen the new Callengers, I just had to have one. And I tell you, if you want a car that gives excitement, this is it! 425 hourses with 420 ft/lb torque is just plain sick! And the looks and the comments are never ending when I am driving "the Beast" around! Everytime I get in her, I can't get rid of that "you know what" eating grin off my face! Especially after a couple Mustang GTs found out what it was like to mess with that 6.1 liter under the hood! Thank you Dodge for bringing back the excitement!

Favorite Features

The looks, the sound of the exhaust and that 6.1 liter in the upper RPM band, the awesome Kicker sound system, the looks and comments from everyone.

Suggested Improvements

Left side seat release, a real spare tire (though I know it was left out to save SOME weight), more colors would have been nice (mine is Torred, though actually not a bad color)

smile for the camera's
By don in s.i.

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

a real head turner---everywhere you go people will look,stare and compliment. even the cop who stopped me because i didn't have plates yet said it was a gorgous car.styling is flawless,interior is comfortable and roomie.everything is fairly easy to use.

Favorite Features

navigation and uconnect easy to use and fun to play with----i loaded a vast amount of music in my gig drive for the many road trips i plan to take it has lots of little extras that most cars don't have.

Suggested Improvements

hood prop,rear entry,and gas lock cap for improvements. if your not too tall you could elevate seat a bit to cut blind spot a little---

WOW
By Doug

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Traded an 07 C6 for this 09 6 spd SRT8 and could not be happier. The comfort level, smooth ride, and power when you need it is what driving a car is all about and this car has it. It certainly does get the attention from others. Dodge did this one right.

Favorite Features

Smooth shifter, very comfortable seats, killer sound system, especially the 30GB hard drive

Suggested Improvements

auto-up window (my charger R/T has it), electric passenger seat (my charger R/T has it), HID fog lights, sideview mirrors that dim

Best car for the $$$
By KAC1972

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned BMW, Lexus and Infiniti before buying my SRT8. Yes, I do miss the superior service department experience that comes with a luxury car. However, this car is something to marvel at. I believe it is money well spent. The performance, power and control is pretty impressive. I love the interior design and room provided to the driver and passenger.

Favorite Features

Power, MyGIG, SIRIUS subscription, and suede and leather seats. Exterior styling is GREAT!!

Suggested Improvements

Full size spare and more cup holders.

R/T 5.7 HEMI (BLK)
By Tony

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Very nice! Drives great! Definitely turns heads. My opinion the black is the best looking of them all.

Favorite Features

HEMI! ( If we leave it to Obama..will all be driving 4 cylinders!) Body style! Color! Great cruise car.

Suggested Improvements

Hood held up by a rod!(Cheesey) No Sound!..supposed to be a muscle car! Cheesey tail pipes!(Needs Magna Flow/stainless dual exhaust pipes) I don't like the painted rubber pieces on top of roof (Already had one replaced due to cracking). Leave them black rubber like the charger. Over priced!