2009 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews 4

2009 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:
great car
By LENZ001 on 08/10/09 16:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the 3.5 l so I could enjoy the look and feel and still afford to drive it. Gets looks everywhere I go and everyone I talk to agree gas mileage is way to go. No regrets at all still has get up and go

A sexy car with a few deficiencies
By armypilot17 on 08/09/09 19:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car in late Feb 09, have put roughly 8600 miles (Aug 09) on it since then and am still very pleased with my choice. For reference I replaced a 99 Malibu. Exterior is amazing, still draws comments and gawking stares, corners extremely well for its size. Interior is a lil uninspired, strongly recommend the sunroof to avoid a cave- like feeling. Very comfortable though and plenty of room in the back seat and trunk. 0-60 seems a lil lacking, but 60-80 is near instantaneous. Putting an exhaust on it soon, a lil quiet for a sports car. Engine bay is large, plenty of mod space. very reliable, NO mechanical issues to date. Gas mileage is about 23mpg combined highway/city. Love this car.

2009 Challenger R/T
By tuco21 on 08/01/09 17:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought an '09 R/T Challenger in February. The ignition module failed after 4500 miles. The car sat at the dealership for almost 2 weeks while they kept telling me that they could not find the parts. Finally they fixed it. When I got it back, it was scratched and the interior was filthy (of course this was the dealership's fault that I took to). Also on 4 occasions prior to the ignition failing, the vehicle was hard to start - it acted like the battery was low. The cruise control resume did not work smoothly (you could hit the resume button at about 60 mph and it would jerk it's way back to 70). Anyway I traded it for a new GT Mustang last week. Too many heartaches.

FUN!!!
By groovymcawesome on 07/28/09 08:48 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've never had a car I look forward to driving more than this one, and I've had a lot of cars, including a 1970 R/T. Just a blast to drive. Very responsive for being so heavy. Great sound system.

Very Impressed with the SRT8 (6M)
By Raszaron on 07/26/09 15:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is the first Dodge or Chrysler vehicle that I have ever purchased, and all I can say is that I am VERY impressed! I have owned Ford and Chevy products, but Dodge got theirs right! The ride is smooth yet planted, but if you want to get squirrely just mash the accelerator. As for gas mileage, I typically get 12mpg in city, and 23mpg on the highway. But I didn't buy this car for it's gas mileage, I bought it for it's retro styling and performance. A throw back to the 70 Challenger, and Dodge didn't miss a beat with this car. Also the DriveSRT Experience that is included with purchase of any SRT, WICKED COOL!! This little perk allowed me to race all the SRT vehicles available in 09!

Torred SRT 6spd
By tbonesrt on 07/26/09 15:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The fun to drive factor on the SRT is off of the charts. Agressive driving on the streets does not challenge this car in the least. It is quiet at highway speed. At 75 mph (western States speed limit) It gets better gas mileage than than most 4 cyl. cars. It doesnt brake a sweat cruising at higher speeds. How many econo boxes can average 25 mpg at over 80 mph and do it all day with no issues. America has been fooled into believing that an econo box that gets 35 mpg on the highway will do that at high speeds. NOT!!!...Love this car.

A blast to drive
By navyretired on 07/26/09 15:32 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This car is a blast to drive. It really makes you feel like a rock star when you drive it. Everybody and I mean everybody loves the look of this car. People just stop and stare.

New School Tech, Classic Muscle
By byuchallenger on 07/26/09 14:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had this car for half a year or so, and I absolutely adore it! It is a very quick car that has a large aftermarket following to make the car screaming fast. The styling is by far one of the best of any cars out there right now while still being usable. I can fit myself and 3 full sized friends in the car with ease and comfort, something I know isn't possible in the competition. The ride is amazing, seeing as it was fitted with mercedes tuned suspension, and the attention it gets is unmistakable. It's not the fastest car on the road (stock) but there will always be another car that is faster. The looks of this car and the feeling I get is purely unique to the Challenger.

Challenger SRT 8
By Tom Langston on 07/26/09 14:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I previously was forced to sell my 1971 'Cuda. When I saw the Challenger SRT concept car, I thought that my car was reborn! Since I have owned this car, it has not disappointed me. It accelerates, handles, and brakes like no other car that I have owned. Its retro shape and Hemi-orange color turn heads every where I go.

Feel Like a Celebrity
By johndm on 07/22/09 09:34 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great car, probably the best I have ever owned. The car is quiet, runs smooth, gets a lot better gas mileage than I anticipated, and has power to spare. The most fun is that I feel like a celebrity. I have had this black Challenger R/T for about 4 months. I have met more people who just want to talk about the car. I constantly get the thumbs up. The Japanese can't design and make a car like a Challenger with this styling, power and performance, and at a great price. This is American automotive know-how at its best.