2009 Dodge Challenger RT
By bathat on
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)
This car is a real eye catcher. Within 2 weeks of first seeing the Challenger, I had one in my garage. I get compliments every time I take it out for a drive, and have had a few impromptu photo shoots in parking lots. Great acceleration. The exhaust configuration specific to the RT manual delivers a confident, but not obnoxious exhaust note. Interior noise is not an issue, even at hwy speeds. This is not a sports car, so you're not going to corner with a Mustang or Camaro, but you may find it more comfortable for cruising. After 10k mi, not 1 issue. Visibility takes getting used to. Hill start assist and skip shift are easily disabled (most if not all muscle cars have this.)
Favorite Features
Incredible torque and acceleration with a comfortable ride, suitable for cross country road trips. Highway mileage is good considering the power. I get 27 mpg at 65 mph. Not so good in town, depending on your foot. Great looks and build quality.
Suggested Improvements
Stock tires do not handle the power very well on hard acceleration from a stop. Hood release feels cheap, No donut spare with my option pkg. Front end looks intimidating, though rear looks bland.