2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Consumer Reviews 2

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 - Consumer Reviews

SRT8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )
Love my B5 Challenger!
By djpatrick35 on 06/16/09 10:11 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Over the years, I've owned three Corvettes and while I loved those cars, nothing compares to the Challenger. As a 20-something driving an '07 Corvette, most of the attention I was getting was negative whereas the Challenger gets nothing but positive attention. The car is plenty fast for its size and the interior is large and comfortable. At 6'6" few cars can fit me, but the Challenger is very comfortable and I can actually fit three people with me - something I couldn't say with a Camaro or Mustang. The shifts are a little long and the skip-shift, while annoying, is something I'm already used to with my Corvette's Tremec 6-Speed. Overall, I love the look, the character, and speed of my SRT.

Blast from the past
By Linmare on 05/19/09 17:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I had dreams of buying this car once I saw it as a concept vehicle. The picture of the car stayed posted on my refrigerator for the next 2 years. I finally took the plunge and treated my self to a virtual fountain of youth. Yes, back to my muscle car days of Camaros, Corvettes and Monte SS. (I still have the 1970 AMX!) This car is a pleasure to drive and I must say, no matter where I go, people look, thumbs up, ask questions and even ask if they can sit in it. A definite head turner and handles like dream.The 6.1 hemi under the hood makes this car a real animal!(Did I mention it gets better gas mileage than my Durango did) Great job on this baby!

My Challey
By Rick on 05/19/09 13:53 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is one of the most fun cars to drive. It's fast, like 140mph on a two lane parkway fast, yet it rides like a luxury car.

Yep it's got a Hemi
By SEMORE on 05/18/09 00:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Test drove the Challenger and had to own it. It's a head turner for sure. The Hemi-Orange is a real standout and gets attention. Acceleration is impressive be it gradual on surface streets after upshift, or stomping it on the freeway entrance. Slower than the old 426, but does get up and run. Excellent handling a joy to drive. Moderate pavement noise. Hope it doesn't get worse. This not a young persons car. First time in my life a vette picked a fight, they NEVER do that. I didn't even try, I knew better, and street racing is bad news period. This car is all about the look, feel, and pride of owning one. Glad Chrysler brought it back. Now if they would just retro the Charger....

Hemi Orange SRT8 6 speed Manual
By Eric G on 04/26/09 15:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

WOW, Bring back the E-Body Mopars with all we loved Plus. Add stopping, turning, reliability, gadgets to my old 71 Cuda and you scratch the surface of what this car is. Although a little porky due to all the gadgets and safety equipment, this baby still performs well. The car gets more attention than anything out there and in case someone didn't notice stomp on it and the 6 speed version roars loauder than the auto since the suitcase muffler is deleted. The car handles well and the performance gauges show some of my roadcourse results with 0.99 lateral acceleration. Thew car seats 5 so my family of 5 can fit for some cruises or to shows without the need of a 2nd vehicle. Car is AWESOME

Still Smiling
By Mike on 04/25/09 12:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I've had my Challenger for 7 months now and I still grin when I get in it. The car always draws lots of attention; I've even had people take pictures of it at stop lights! The performance is stellar. I took it and my 540i BMW to the Miami Homestead Speedway for an all day race. My son drover the BMW and I drove the Challenger along with 20 or so other cars. I fully expected the BMW to out corner the Challenger but the reverse was true. The Challenger took the turns faster and more sure footed than the BMW and blew it away on acceleration. The brakes were truly awesome never fading in stopping this 4,200 beast. I passed several Corvettes and never once hinted of spinning it out. WOW

Heart throb car!
By Dave on 02/23/09 22:56 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I knew when I purchased the Challenger SRT8 in Hemi orange that I would get attention but I did not expect so much. It is a social experiment every time I take this car out. Part of the effect is on me as I feel my juices flow every time I take it out. But the bigger laugh is all the comments, thumbs up, and gawkers everywhere I go. I could have bought a car for six figures and it would not have grabbed so much attention as this Challenger does. I have even had the county sherriff deputies following me in their Charger and scoping out my Challenger. The best part is that it is as crazy fast as it looks and that Sherriff Charger would not have stood a chance.

Misfire on 6 speed SRT
By biffdog on 02/10/09 12:29 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I finally thought I had bought my dream car only to have it be a nightmare. Why is no talking about the misfire issues with the 6 speed SRT8. From what I have heard, this is a very common problem with no fix to date. Buyer beware.

An Ultimate Toy
By Scottsman on 12/22/08 01:36 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Drove my brother's 2008 SRT8 & had to have one. This isn't a car anyone needs, but if you have money to waste, you'll never waste it on anything that's more fun to drive. Because of it's size, weight & Goodyear F1 SuperCar tires, it feels as if it's actually attached to the road. No matter how fast that Hemi propels you, the suspension will control the car & those hugh brakes will stop you. You never feel as though you can lose it, except on as little as 1/4" of snow. If you must drive in snow, do not buy the F1 tires. Let's face it, if you're one of the "Green" people, or one of the "PC" crowd, you'll find this car incomprehensible. If you grew up in the 60's, no explanation needed!

Impressed 2009 SRT-8
By TIM C on 12/06/08 13:50 PM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I owned a 2004 SRT-10 Ram before. I drove the 09 SRT-8 Challenger and fell in love. I had to have it. The smoothness and quality of the ride, the tire burning performance and excellent handling are out of this world but the braking is beyond that! This car is really impressive to say the least.