2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 - Consumer Reviews

SRT8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )
Blue Nostalgia
By quickjack on 09/01/12 04:43 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my B5 blue SRT8 in October, 2010 with a 6-speed manual. I have loved putting each and every mile on it since. The transmission shifts are crisp, the engine pulls like a freight train, and what a glorious sound track. The interior is comfortable and practical but no styling frills here. The well bolstered buckets are comfortable on the longest of trips, and even heated for those cold mornings. The back seat is for children or small adults, but nonetheless comfortable. The trunk offers ample space, with a 60/40 rear seat split. If you buy this car, prepare for attention. Even still, I get people craning their necks to have a look. After 2 years, I still wouldn't trade it for anything.

Black Pearl SRT8
By Black Pearl on 05/20/10 09:57 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the 09 SRT8 in December of 09. This car is the best machine I have ever owned. I don't drive it daily usually bring it out on the weekends. It's not ever to cold to drive it in AZ so I can drive it year round. The 6.1 hemi runs like a wild animal. At full open throttle the exhaust sounds like music to my ears.

HEMI - I got one!
By mackyds on 10/05/09 12:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have waited many a year for this kind of vehicle, and now I have one! I still remember the hemi-cudas, six-pac super bees, etc. but never owned one. When I seen the new Callengers, I just had to have one. And I tell you, if you want a car that gives excitement, this is it! 425 hourses with 420 ft/lb torque is just plain sick! And the looks and the comments are never ending when I am driving "the Beast" around! Everytime I get in her, I can't get rid of that "you know what" eating grin off my face! Especially after a couple Mustang GTs found out what it was like to mess with that 6.1 liter under the hood! Thank you Dodge for bringing back the excitement!

WOW
By Doug on 09/14/09 21:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Traded an 07 C6 for this 09 6 spd SRT8 and could not be happier. The comfort level, smooth ride, and power when you need it is what driving a car is all about and this car has it. It certainly does get the attention from others. Dodge did this one right.

Best car for the $$$
By KAC1972 on 09/12/09 13:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned BMW, Lexus and Infiniti before buying my SRT8. Yes, I do miss the superior service department experience that comes with a luxury car. However, this car is something to marvel at. I believe it is money well spent. The performance, power and control is pretty impressive. I love the interior design and room provided to the driver and passenger.

Very Impressed with the SRT8 (6M)
By Raszaron on 07/26/09 15:55 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is the first Dodge or Chrysler vehicle that I have ever purchased, and all I can say is that I am VERY impressed! I have owned Ford and Chevy products, but Dodge got theirs right! The ride is smooth yet planted, but if you want to get squirrely just mash the accelerator. As for gas mileage, I typically get 12mpg in city, and 23mpg on the highway. But I didn't buy this car for it's gas mileage, I bought it for it's retro styling and performance. A throw back to the 70 Challenger, and Dodge didn't miss a beat with this car. Also the DriveSRT Experience that is included with purchase of any SRT, WICKED COOL!! This little perk allowed me to race all the SRT vehicles available in 09!

Torred SRT 6spd
By tbonesrt on 07/26/09 15:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The fun to drive factor on the SRT is off of the charts. Agressive driving on the streets does not challenge this car in the least. It is quiet at highway speed. At 75 mph (western States speed limit) It gets better gas mileage than than most 4 cyl. cars. It doesnt brake a sweat cruising at higher speeds. How many econo boxes can average 25 mpg at over 80 mph and do it all day with no issues. America has been fooled into believing that an econo box that gets 35 mpg on the highway will do that at high speeds. NOT!!!...Love this car.

Challenger SRT 8
By Tom Langston on 07/26/09 14:05 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I previously was forced to sell my 1971 'Cuda. When I saw the Challenger SRT concept car, I thought that my car was reborn! Since I have owned this car, it has not disappointed me. It accelerates, handles, and brakes like no other car that I have owned. Its retro shape and Hemi-orange color turn heads every where I go.

First Muscle Car Owner
By Scott Caldwell on 07/13/09 07:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 is an absolute BEAST!!! I was first drawn to the Challenger by its incredible retro- styling. The broad sholders and intimidating front grill (much different from any other Dodge grill pattern) just made this car stand out and grab your attention. Although the car looks great, what really sold me on the car was the way it drove. Once I sat behind the wheel and drove the SRT8 (with the 6 speed manual transmission) I was simply blown away. The car growled and rumbled with sheer power and accelerated like nothing I have ever driven before. The 6.1 Hemi with the 6 spd transmission convinced me that I would enjoy the Challenger for years to come.

Close to Perfect
By BootCamp on 07/03/09 11:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Saw the Concept car in late 2006. Hadn't bought a new car since 1986 - nothing worth getting excited about - until I saw the Challenger. Ordered my SRT in March, got it in November. It was worth the wait. 6 speed is tight, limited slip 3.92 gearing is great. 425 HP from 370 cu in is better than the original 426 cu to hp ratio. Handles like a car half its weight. The styling is amazing. The Pacifica Studio folks did a great job! Hit the retro look nail on the head in every way! Can't go anywhere without someone wanting to chat about the car - and look under the hood. Huge trunk and back seats - compared to Mustang and Camaro. The car has been flawless under all conditions. AMAZING RIDE!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Challenger Srt8 in VA is:

$163 per month*