Used 2009 Dodge Challenger SE Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

Do not buy this car
By Vincent

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had mine for less then a week, there is not heat there are 2 ( check engine not sure of the other ) lights on the dash board that are lit, it has less then 200 miles,.. it was poorly built ,.. this car is not worth it..Vince

NONE

2009 Challenger
By Kara

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What can I say? I am a 31 year old female care enthusiast. I have had over 30 cars, which include 5 vettes, and 13 camaros and trans ams and a Mustang GT. I fell in love with the styling of the challenger. The ride is excellent. I bought an SE because yes I am going to be buying a 2012 camaro z28. I have been waiting a long time on that car. Anyways I love the challenger. Favorite car I have owned this far. You do not see near as many of them as you do the camaro and mustang. Good build quality, pretty good gas mileage, and a beautiful car. Very happy with it. No issues, quiet ride. Better build than I expected. Highly recommended.

Styling, comfortable, 5 seater, all out great car.

Little more hp for the 6 cylinder. First six cylinder car I have ever owned!

Buysomethingelse
By 09SEG1Kover

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Awesome design, blast from the past. Just wish they put more thought into building this car. We've had it for almost 3 yrs and have 18,000 miles on her. We belong to several car clubs amd keep the car in SHOW condition at any one moment. The plastic black trim pieces have all been replaced due to discoloring and warping. The dash has been replaced due to no support around front passenger air bag. And the dash is sinking again in less than a yr after they fixed it the first time. Just brought it back to dealership, and they won't fix it again. They say its just the design. The door sill, hood, and truck areas always get wet and dirty from poor design of seals. Way under powered V6.

Total head turner. Win 1st at most shows with the Infero red clear coat paint. Added cold air intake and due 18-20 mpg in town. Not a lot of them out there compared to stangs and camaro's. Cant walk away from the car with out someone saying sweet ride dude. I'm 6ft 6" and fits great for tall people.

Base HP poor, i know it's on the way in 2012. Door hood trunk seals to keep out dirt and water. Rag top it already it was designed for it when they started production. Factory Catbacks and cold air intake stock from factory. Better plastics and better cloth seats

one complaint
By Bill

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I could not afford the RT so I bought the SE cause I had to have it. It is a beautiful car in every respect. I will soon be installing some upgrades, duals, air charger. V chip. It will then sound as good as it looks and go a little better. This car has the 18 inch aluminum wheels and I have no plans to change them.

Body styling

one touch up windows. The windows freeze at the lower stiping and do not drop out of the upper seals, this is a real concern for anyone who drives it in the winter. Still looking for a solution to this. I don't drive it in the winter myself and it still bites because I need to start it once a week.

2009 Dodge Challenger
By Pete

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is fun to drive and just about everything I would want from it. It has good power but would like a little more acceleration from a dead stop with the V6 -- it is fast/quick but if the torque could be adjusted for more off the line speed that would be great. Gas mileage is good for a car of this type plus I love the sound of the engine.

Exterior look -- hood, mirrors, gas cap, windows -- overall lines. Interior seating, shift lever, radio system

Make the dash gauges more "retro" to reflect early 70's gauges -- kind of like the Mustang.