2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:
fun car when it will start
By bsisco on 11/02/12 18:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

beware, after a year of good reliability my car like many others has developed wireless ignition node issues.W.I.N module. Sometimes the car will start and run and other days it will not. It started this at 36000 miles. After weeks of online info browsing I've come to the conclusion that this issue is rarely resolved correctly at the dealers and is not an issue I can fix myself do the the complicated programming and tools needed to do the job. As for now, I pay a payment for a car that is no where near as reliable as my 2nd car...a 2000 mustang with over 200,000 trouble free miles on it. This is my first dodge product and clearly my last.

39 years later it was my turn
By smart_shopper on 11/11/11 07:55 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

As a child in 1969 I went with my dad when he picked up a new 1970 Dodge Charger. I sat in an orange car that I later learned was a Challenger. I've owned a lot of cars over the years, including a new 1997 Trans AM WS-6, which is a beautiful car until you have to do any engine work. I can say the Challenger is arguably the best new car I've ever owned. It is huge, it's larger and weighs as much as my truck, a 1st gen 5.9L Durango, yet it gets almost 24 MPG on the Interstate. It has many bells & whistles never thought of in 1970, and it's the best looking retro muscle car in my opinion. Due to size and weight, it's not as fast as the smaller Camaro, but to each their own.

Best new generation muscle car
By gmtruckman on 09/08/11 17:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Fantastic in every way. I have the track pack option with the 6 speed and larger rear differential. I ordered the car from dodge in 2008 and have had it for three years with only two tiny issues which are not even the fault of the vehicle. The keyless entry button had a short and the rt logo had the paint peel off on the grill. Otherwise awesome on gas for a v8and very comfortable...even room for cars seats for the kids. The shift linkage on the tremec is sloppy but I put in the hurst linkage and makes it good.

Do not buy this car
By Vincent on 12/05/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had mine for less then a week, there is not heat there are 2 ( check engine not sure of the other ) lights on the dash board that are lit, it has less then 200 miles,.. it was poorly built ,.. this car is not worth it..Vince

09 Challenger
By 2009 Challenger on 11/21/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my car for 2 years now with 33,000 miles and no problems. I have been real happy with the car and I'm happy with the fuel mileage. I don't know why some guys complain about the interior design, this is not a luxury car it is a muscle car.

2009 Challenger
By Kara on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

What can I say? I am a 31 year old female care enthusiast. I have had over 30 cars, which include 5 vettes, and 13 camaros and trans ams and a Mustang GT. I fell in love with the styling of the challenger. The ride is excellent. I bought an SE because yes I am going to be buying a 2012 camaro z28. I have been waiting a long time on that car. Anyways I love the challenger. Favorite car I have owned this far. You do not see near as many of them as you do the camaro and mustang. Good build quality, pretty good gas mileage, and a beautiful car. Very happy with it. No issues, quiet ride. Better build than I expected. Highly recommended.

Buysomethingelse
By 09SEG1Kover on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe SE 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Awesome design, blast from the past. Just wish they put more thought into building this car. We've had it for almost 3 yrs and have 18,000 miles on her. We belong to several car clubs amd keep the car in SHOW condition at any one moment. The plastic black trim pieces have all been replaced due to discoloring and warping. The dash has been replaced due to no support around front passenger air bag. And the dash is sinking again in less than a yr after they fixed it the first time. Just brought it back to dealership, and they won't fix it again. They say its just the design. The door sill, hood, and truck areas always get wet and dirty from poor design of seals. Way under powered V6.

This car rocks
By powerman1960 on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have always been a Chevy man, but, this Challenger sold me from the first test drive.It has been so much fun to drive and the looks and comfort can't be beat. The gas mileage of this R/T range from 19 all around to 25 mpg while on a 500 mile trip driving 70-75 in cruise mode. This car gets so many looks and thumbs ups from kids to the elderly.

Back to the 60'S
By Challenger on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

As I have turned old with a good memory of days past, I decided to seek out a muscle (retro) car. out of the 3 offered in 2009 I selected the Dodge Challenger R/T, SWEET.

Fun to drive.
By Paul Andrew on 09/07/10 07:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a Mercedes E320 Which I think is just as fun as my challenger. However, at speeds over 100 the challenger handles better is quieter and more responsive then the E 320. If I had a had to get rid of either car, it would be the Mercedes. The only thing bad about the challenger is it is not a family car. The back seat is hard to get into, but it is so much fun though, that the grand kids (ages 7,6,5) do not mind. My Grand children and I have so much fun, and it tickles them pink when I pick them up after school in my 2009 hemi orange challenger R/T. It is so much fun, My son now owns a 2010 B-5 blue Challenger R/T. Good enough?

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Challenger Coupe in WA is:

$187 per month*