Used 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

2009 Dodge Challenger

View reviews for a specific Challenger model:

Blue Nostalgia
By quickjack

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my B5 blue SRT8 in October, 2010 with a 6-speed manual. I have loved putting each and every mile on it since. The transmission shifts are crisp, the engine pulls like a freight train, and what a glorious sound track. The interior is comfortable and practical but no styling frills here. The well bolstered buckets are comfortable on the longest of trips, and even heated for those cold mornings. The back seat is for children or small adults, but nonetheless comfortable. The trunk offers ample space, with a 60/40 rear seat split. If you buy this car, prepare for attention. Even still, I get people craning their necks to have a look. After 2 years, I still wouldn't trade it for anything.

Favorite Features

Thunderous 6.1 V-8, NASA quality 6-speed transmission, Great Brembo brakes, handles very well for a big car, comfortable, awesome stereo

Suggested Improvements

Dump the terrible 1-4 skip shift, stability control system is too intrusive, an in between setting would be nice, no quick release for driver's seat

Black Pearl SRT8
By Black Pearl

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the 09 SRT8 in December of 09. This car is the best machine I have ever owned. I don't drive it daily usually bring it out on the weekends. It's not ever to cold to drive it in AZ so I can drive it year round. The 6.1 hemi runs like a wild animal. At full open throttle the exhaust sounds like music to my ears.

Favorite Features

What I like most is the body this car has one if the best bodies I have seen on a car in decades. The fact that it has a 6.1 hemi under the hood is just the cherry on top. If you don't have a SRT go test drive one it's a monster.

Suggested Improvements

For improvements the car should come with the CAI, 93 Performance Tune, and last but not least a supercharger. All that for 45k.

HEMI - I got one!
By mackyds

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have waited many a year for this kind of vehicle, and now I have one! I still remember the hemi-cudas, six-pac super bees, etc. but never owned one. When I seen the new Callengers, I just had to have one. And I tell you, if you want a car that gives excitement, this is it! 425 hourses with 420 ft/lb torque is just plain sick! And the looks and the comments are never ending when I am driving "the Beast" around! Everytime I get in her, I can't get rid of that "you know what" eating grin off my face! Especially after a couple Mustang GTs found out what it was like to mess with that 6.1 liter under the hood! Thank you Dodge for bringing back the excitement!

Favorite Features

The looks, the sound of the exhaust and that 6.1 liter in the upper RPM band, the awesome Kicker sound system, the looks and comments from everyone.

Suggested Improvements

Left side seat release, a real spare tire (though I know it was left out to save SOME weight), more colors would have been nice (mine is Torred, though actually not a bad color)

WOW
By Doug

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Traded an 07 C6 for this 09 6 spd SRT8 and could not be happier. The comfort level, smooth ride, and power when you need it is what driving a car is all about and this car has it. It certainly does get the attention from others. Dodge did this one right.

Favorite Features

Smooth shifter, very comfortable seats, killer sound system, especially the 30GB hard drive

Suggested Improvements

auto-up window (my charger R/T has it), electric passenger seat (my charger R/T has it), HID fog lights, sideview mirrors that dim

Best car for the $$$
By KAC1972

2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned BMW, Lexus and Infiniti before buying my SRT8. Yes, I do miss the superior service department experience that comes with a luxury car. However, this car is something to marvel at. I believe it is money well spent. The performance, power and control is pretty impressive. I love the interior design and room provided to the driver and passenger.

Favorite Features

Power, MyGIG, SIRIUS subscription, and suede and leather seats. Exterior styling is GREAT!!

Suggested Improvements

Full size spare and more cup holders.