2008 Dodge Challenger 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Better than you know what!

2008 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Review

SRT8 Coupe (6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Better than you know what!
By El Segundo on

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

There is simply no logical reason for a mature man to buy a car like this, except for the fact that it always brings a smile to my face each time I drive it. It's a time machine back to the 60's when we liked our cars big & bad. Something I'm afraid todays "PC" & "green" crowd, driving their Prius' will never understand. However, comparing the 60's muscle cars to this 2008 Challenger is like comparing a manual typewriter to a modern computer. The Challenger is more than muscle. Considering it's size & weight, it handles like a dream; you always feel like you have total control well, depending on how fast you're going. It's simply fun!

Favorite Features

Power, handling, & great looks. All the attention you get from most people who see it for the 1st time is unbelievable.

Suggested Improvements

It would ruin the looks of the car to change it, however, those big rear roof pillars make it a nightmare to back out of a parking space in the typical parking lot. For safety, I back into spots now, so I can see who's coming when I leave.