Used 2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe - Consumer Reviews

SRT8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (19 reviews )

2008 Challenger SRT
By KingKustoms505

2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Although it has a lot of muscle power it can't breathe at 5300 feet where I live in New Mexico. No dome light. Built in cup holders don't fit any known cups. Seats are nice but built for large people. Steering wheel design stinks because the spokes are located right where you rest your fingers around the wheel. Steering wheel is adjustable but does not go down low enough for a 5'6" person to sit low and still see over the wheel. No spare tire. Doors don't want to stay open when exiting. Can't keep the wheels clean because of the brake dust. Needs stickier tires because the rear end swings around too easily. Tranny not user friendly.

Style

Wow!
By Bill

2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I've probably owned a 100 cars. This one has made me the happiest. I don't know whay the sticker fuel economy is listed so low as I get over 20mpg. Sure some auto mags say it's too heavy, too big, too what ever and some little car can post better road track times, well so what! I don't drive on a road track course, I drive on a highway. I'm a big guy at 6 foot 5 and 265 pounds. I can still ride in comfort and get there fast. It has plently of room for kids in the back if you need that space. Nothing compares to the thrill of the ride. I've owned Vettes, and BMWs and they don't get a second look when you are out. I bought this car for fun. It's easy to get in and out of and is fun.

I'm in Love
By Hemi Mike

2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Holy cow! This truly an amazing car! The thrust off the line will snap your neck. I got 20 feet of rubber at 30 MPH by manually shifting into 1st. People really admire it every where I go. I took it to my local BMW dealer to get a part for my 540i and the entire showroom emptied out! All the salesman and service writers came out and took pictures of it. You can't get that attention from an M-5 at twice the price. The gas mileage also surprised me; I get 15 around town when I drive it civilly. One of the best features is the sound system. I feel like I have live concert in my back seat. Sometimes I go into my garage to just gawk at my amazing ride.

Power, comfort, sound system, safety features, F-1 tires, milage and the admiration of the general public.

A back-up camera would sure help with the blind spots.

Retro-tainment
By Amoparman

2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first "NEW" car, but I have lots of other vintage mopars and DD 99 Dakota R/T. This car delivers on the promise that the Charger did not. Took it on a 1500 mi trip right after getting it. Awesome on the road. Passing is great fun and watching people get self inflicted whiplash when you go by them. I'm surprised there is so much plastic crap up front. Digging out all the bugs was a real pain. Had it to around 125 mph out on the desert highway, and still way more in it, but the wife gets nervous. Mine is black w/o the sunroof or NAV, don't miss either one. Seats are fine for sitting and driving, but don't even think your gonna get comfy when you lay back. Totally NOT sorry I got it.

HEMI BABY. Looks great. Shiftable Auto still getting used to it though. The F1 tires hold really well, almost to well read below. Breaks really good too.

Maybe my tires are real sticky, but I like to feel the rear trying to come around you when you punch it from a stop and that feeling is just not there. I want more low end punch off the line. Also mine is pretty quite more growl would be OK too. I would like more leg room side to side.

Looking forward to my drive
By SRT854

2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Outstanding Car. Exceeded my expectations. True Muscle Car with great creature comforts. Great performance for the money. Every time I look at it in the garage I am thankful I was able to get it. I would have to spend 2 the price to get my '69 Chevelle in the same league. Dodge did a very nice job.

Hands free, touch screen navigation, Sirius Radio, and all the memory for music. Seat are very comfortable. Performance data recording.

Rain sensor wipers and titling side view mirrors when backing, which our 300C has, to help with visibility.