2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

2008 Challenger Consumer Reviews

SRT8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (19 reviews )

Sort Reviews by

One Awesome Ride
By John K

2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

What an amazing car. The power, handling and comfort are unbelievable. Everywhere we go people are attracted to the pure beauty. I have clocked a 0-60 at 5.3 seconds although I hear 4.9 seconds has been recorded. Truly, one Awesome Ride.

Favorite Features

UConnect and StickShift

Suggested Improvements

Interior trim to molding by doors is sub par quality

Better than you know what!
By El Segundo

2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

There is simply no logical reason for a mature man to buy a car like this, except for the fact that it always brings a smile to my face each time I drive it. It's a time machine back to the 60's when we liked our cars big & bad. Something I'm afraid todays "PC" & "green" crowd, driving their Prius' will never understand. However, comparing the 60's muscle cars to this 2008 Challenger is like comparing a manual typewriter to a modern computer. The Challenger is more than muscle. Considering it's size & weight, it handles like a dream; you always feel like you have total control well, depending on how fast you're going. It's simply fun!

Favorite Features

Power, handling, & great looks. All the attention you get from most people who see it for the 1st time is unbelievable.

Suggested Improvements

It would ruin the looks of the car to change it, however, those big rear roof pillars make it a nightmare to back out of a parking space in the typical parking lot. For safety, I back into spots now, so I can see who's coming when I leave.

monster muscle
By schase

2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car offers an exciting drive. Interior looks like a more modern car but has space similar to the old models.

Favorite Features

retro headlights

Suggested Improvements

speed memory

70 Challenger Re-Born
By Jeff

2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The 2008 Challenger experience can be summed up with a "WoW!" The acceleration is incredible, but better yet when you hit the turns it hugs them like a car built to road race. The speedometer and tach also have a built in gauge to help you measure your time from 0-60, 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile. I love to be at the front of the line at a light !! This car turns heads like no other car on the road right now. People follow me around till I park it so they can get a closer look. Just take a close look at the lines on this car and you begin to see what I mean, get inside and look out....you'll be hooked !!

Favorite Features

0-60 in 4.7 sec. Beautiful retro styling back to the '70 Challenger

Suggested Improvements

Dual climate control Dual Electric seat controls

2008 Challenger review
By KingKustoms505

2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Got the silver one w/a sunroof. I can't really rate the performance yet (program made me pick one) because I'm still breaking it in (only has 212 miles on it, manual says it needs 500 for proper break-in). The passenger muffler tip hangs lower than the drivers side. The steering wheel does not adjust downward enough for short guys to ride "low".

Favorite Features

The push button start, MyGig Media Center, and the deep rumble of the exhaust.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more leg room in the back. Says it can seat five. Yeah, right, with three midgets in the back.

Just Bought It
By Dave Carcaise

2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is a excellent car to drive. I love my new SRT8. Hemi orange, 6.1 Hemi, Auto Stick, Kicker stereo system w/nav and Sirius sat radio. This is a must have for the car enthusiast.

Favorite Features

The shifting and power are my favorite things about this retro style muscle car.

Suggested Improvements

It should come with the cold air intake kit and computer chip already installed in it. But I can add it if need be....

Great Car
By Dan

2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I own a 2007 C6 Corvette, a 2008 GT 500 Shelby a 2007 Mustang GT and now a 2008 SRT8 Hemi Orange Dodge Challenger. I have to say that I LOVE every one of these cars but the Dodge Challenger really sticks out. The car is just great. Waited 6 months for delivery and it was well worth it. This car of all the new American muscle cars will definitely remind you of the original more than the vette or the Shelby. People will stop me on the road to look at it. Some get confused if it is a 1970's restored car or a new car. It is that similar to a 70's car. The car definitely looks better in person than the pictures. Way to go Dodge. Be proud of building a real American car. Would love to see a "CUDA

Favorite Features

No doubt about it..the Exterior makes the car. Love the front and rear look of the car. Nice sound and a real nice interior compared to my vette and Shelby GT 500. Has Great seats, nice sunroof and radio/NAV setup. The car rides real smooth. Excellent braking. The Hemi Orange paint.

Suggested Improvements

The car could use move power to compete with the vette and Shelby GT 500 but not bad. An optional side strip like the old AAR 340 or 440 stripes. Chrome wheels, minor stuff, I love the car as is but these options would be nice to have.

Overrated
By steve

2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Well I can honestly say not worth the 70 dollars per tank per fill that last oh say 2,3 days. As if the car isn't expensive enough i.e. Payment, insurance, Mobil 1 oil changes etc. Now my defense I had no idea that gas would go this high. Well who did. Still a great car sweet sound love it. But its kind of like dating that girl who is so hot you cant get enough of but damn shes killing ya with how high maintenance she is. I would tell anyone who wants one save your money. Save it. Trust me or better yet if you really want mopar glory and have this kind of loot to blow then just go buy a used viper gts. Same money, much attention by the lady friends! Word to Dodge you missed the boat! You got me .

Favorite Features

big power great sound !

Suggested Improvements

Steering wheel is same as srt8 charger? That's cheap you guys had all this time to get this car ready for production and you throw that crap on there .

Face-lift for the American Auto Industry
By ABauer03

2008 Dodge Challenger Coupe SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The Dodge Challenger SRT8 is one of the sexiest new models on the market right now. It had an immediate impact from the time it was unveiled as a concept car in 2006 and continues to be one of the most anticipated cars of the year. Dodge needs to capitalize on the endless opportunities with this model and set the pace for reinventing the modern American muscle car. Dodge should play off two versions of this car. Have one "Big Baller" V8 model with an MSRP of just under $40,000 and a more affordable "Economized" version with a V6 at around $25,000. Dodge can capitalize on the SRT8 if they realize the popular demand for this car...

Favorite Features

The body frame. It's not about curves, it's about brute strength and horsepower (something the SRT8 has plenty of).

Suggested Improvements

The interior isn't nearly as flashy as the new concept camaro set to be released in 2009. Keep the exterior reminiscent of the old glory days, but revamp the interior to meet the specifications of today’s technology.