2008 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

SRT8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (19 reviews )
One Awesome Ride
By John K on 09/12/08 13:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

What an amazing car. The power, handling and comfort are unbelievable. Everywhere we go people are attracted to the pure beauty. I have clocked a 0-60 at 5.3 seconds although I hear 4.9 seconds has been recorded. Truly, one Awesome Ride.

Better than you know what!
By El Segundo on 08/27/08 23:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

There is simply no logical reason for a mature man to buy a car like this, except for the fact that it always brings a smile to my face each time I drive it. It's a time machine back to the 60's when we liked our cars big & bad. Something I'm afraid todays "PC" & "green" crowd, driving their Prius' will never understand. However, comparing the 60's muscle cars to this 2008 Challenger is like comparing a manual typewriter to a modern computer. The Challenger is more than muscle. Considering it's size & weight, it handles like a dream; you always feel like you have total control well, depending on how fast you're going. It's simply fun!

monster muscle
By schase on 08/15/08 15:56 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car offers an exciting drive. Interior looks like a more modern car but has space similar to the old models.

70 Challenger Re-Born
By Jeff on 08/04/08 19:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The 2008 Challenger experience can be summed up with a "WoW!" The acceleration is incredible, but better yet when you hit the turns it hugs them like a car built to road race. The speedometer and tach also have a built in gauge to help you measure your time from 0-60, 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile. I love to be at the front of the line at a light !! This car turns heads like no other car on the road right now. People follow me around till I park it so they can get a closer look. Just take a close look at the lines on this car and you begin to see what I mean, get inside and look out....you'll be hooked !!

2008 Challenger review
By KingKustoms505 on 07/28/08 14:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Got the silver one w/a sunroof. I can't really rate the performance yet (program made me pick one) because I'm still breaking it in (only has 212 miles on it, manual says it needs 500 for proper break-in). The passenger muffler tip hangs lower than the drivers side. The steering wheel does not adjust downward enough for short guys to ride "low".

Just Bought It
By Dave Carcaise on 07/07/08 22:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is a excellent car to drive. I love my new SRT8. Hemi orange, 6.1 Hemi, Auto Stick, Kicker stereo system w/nav and Sirius sat radio. This is a must have for the car enthusiast.

Great Car
By Dan on 07/05/08 20:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I own a 2007 C6 Corvette, a 2008 GT 500 Shelby a 2007 Mustang GT and now a 2008 SRT8 Hemi Orange Dodge Challenger. I have to say that I LOVE every one of these cars but the Dodge Challenger really sticks out. The car is just great. Waited 6 months for delivery and it was well worth it. This car of all the new American muscle cars will definitely remind you of the original more than the vette or the Shelby. People will stop me on the road to look at it. Some get confused if it is a 1970's restored car or a new car. It is that similar to a 70's car. The car definitely looks better in person than the pictures. Way to go Dodge. Be proud of building a real American car. Would love to see a "CUDA

Overrated
By steve on 05/13/08 19:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Well I can honestly say not worth the 70 dollars per tank per fill that last oh say 2,3 days. As if the car isn't expensive enough i.e. Payment, insurance, Mobil 1 oil changes etc. Now my defense I had no idea that gas would go this high. Well who did. Still a great car sweet sound love it. But its kind of like dating that girl who is so hot you cant get enough of but damn shes killing ya with how high maintenance she is. I would tell anyone who wants one save your money. Save it. Trust me or better yet if you really want mopar glory and have this kind of loot to blow then just go buy a used viper gts. Same money, much attention by the lady friends! Word to Dodge you missed the boat! You got me .

Face-lift for the American Auto Industry
By ABauer03 on 04/16/08 01:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The Dodge Challenger SRT8 is one of the sexiest new models on the market right now. It had an immediate impact from the time it was unveiled as a concept car in 2006 and continues to be one of the most anticipated cars of the year. Dodge needs to capitalize on the endless opportunities with this model and set the pace for reinventing the modern American muscle car. Dodge should play off two versions of this car. Have one "Big Baller" V8 model with an MSRP of just under $40,000 and a more affordable "Economized" version with a V6 at around $25,000. Dodge can capitalize on the SRT8 if they realize the popular demand for this car...

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.