2008 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

SRT8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (19 reviews )
MoPower
By PCG on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I've been a Mustang guy all my life. So this is a walk on the wild side for me. But have been very pleased so far. Great road car. Took it on a 1,400 mile road trip the 2nd weekend it had it. Got 22 mpg and it rides great on the slab. Got lots of looks. Mine is Hemi Orange. So it kind of stands out. I usually drive manual muscle cars too. But the 5-speed Autostick is impressive. I manually shift it more than half the time. With an open air element, headers, and a cat-back system she really sings out over 4,000 RPM.

I'm in love!
By MiamiMike on 03/16/10 08:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

As a former BMW and Acura driver, I am accustomed to quality and reliability along with performance. I must say, this Dodge is the best car I have ever owned! It's comfortable, quiet and fast. It is also the best looking car on the road. The dealer service is also outstanding. Dodge has finally done it!

Miles of Smiles
By shorma00 on 06/12/09 04:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have to say I have driven muscle cars all my life. Never has there been a time I have driven a car that is powerful, comfortable, reliable and such a social stigma around all walks of the general population. I believe it lets many of us older boomers relieve our young adult childhood. The new Challenger SRT8 is everything I could ask for and then some. I never got 20 miles to the gallon on the hiway with my old 1970 Cuda and I must say there is no way to measure the comfort and reliabilty comparing the two. If you have a chance to even test drive an SRT8, Just Do It!!!!!!!!!!

Love it
By John on 03/17/09 21:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I've always owned american muscle cars and this is hands down the best I've ever experienced. Perfect combination of classic styling with 21st century performance & features. I can't even stop for gas without having someone come over and drool on it for 5 minutes. I give fuel economy a 10 because it gets as good or better than I expect. I didn't buy it to get 20mpg! If it gets 10mpg, I'm happy (I'm getting about 16 or so average). And who cares if anyone is comfortable in the back seat, this is a 2 seater! The back seat is for your jacket or dog. Rides like its on rails, I've gotten the lateral g-meter up to .75 on an offramp so far and that's not even trying hard. Dodge hit a homer!

Amazing
By GreenPowerMan on 02/15/09 07:49 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Chrysler did this one right! Gut wrenching acceleration, comfort, conveyance, looks, style, value and uniqueness! All BMW's, Porches and Mercedes look basically the same. None have the pizazz of the Challenger. Hand stitched leather and a painted orange engine block to name a few. It's also usable; I drive it to work everyday, moved my daughter to college (the back seats fold down opening into the truck) and go out to dinner. After that, I leave 99% of cars in the dust in a cloud of white smoke. It's like Clark Kent turning into Superman!

2008 Challenger SRT
By KingKustoms505 on 01/24/09 07:25 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Although it has a lot of muscle power it can't breathe at 5300 feet where I live in New Mexico. No dome light. Built in cup holders don't fit any known cups. Seats are nice but built for large people. Steering wheel design stinks because the spokes are located right where you rest your fingers around the wheel. Steering wheel is adjustable but does not go down low enough for a 5'6" person to sit low and still see over the wheel. No spare tire. Doors don't want to stay open when exiting. Can't keep the wheels clean because of the brake dust. Needs stickier tires because the rear end swings around too easily. Tranny not user friendly.

Wow!
By Bill on 01/22/09 13:45 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I've probably owned a 100 cars. This one has made me the happiest. I don't know whay the sticker fuel economy is listed so low as I get over 20mpg. Sure some auto mags say it's too heavy, too big, too what ever and some little car can post better road track times, well so what! I don't drive on a road track course, I drive on a highway. I'm a big guy at 6 foot 5 and 265 pounds. I can still ride in comfort and get there fast. It has plently of room for kids in the back if you need that space. Nothing compares to the thrill of the ride. I've owned Vettes, and BMWs and they don't get a second look when you are out. I bought this car for fun. It's easy to get in and out of and is fun.

I'm in Love
By Hemi Mike on 01/01/09 20:26 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Holy cow! This truly an amazing car! The thrust off the line will snap your neck. I got 20 feet of rubber at 30 MPH by manually shifting into 1st. People really admire it every where I go. I took it to my local BMW dealer to get a part for my 540i and the entire showroom emptied out! All the salesman and service writers came out and took pictures of it. You can't get that attention from an M-5 at twice the price. The gas mileage also surprised me; I get 15 around town when I drive it civilly. One of the best features is the sound system. I feel like I have live concert in my back seat. Sometimes I go into my garage to just gawk at my amazing ride.

Retro-tainment
By Amoparman on 10/22/08 02:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first "NEW" car, but I have lots of other vintage mopars and DD 99 Dakota R/T. This car delivers on the promise that the Charger did not. Took it on a 1500 mi trip right after getting it. Awesome on the road. Passing is great fun and watching people get self inflicted whiplash when you go by them. I'm surprised there is so much plastic crap up front. Digging out all the bugs was a real pain. Had it to around 125 mph out on the desert highway, and still way more in it, but the wife gets nervous. Mine is black w/o the sunroof or NAV, don't miss either one. Seats are fine for sitting and driving, but don't even think your gonna get comfy when you lay back. Totally NOT sorry I got it.

Looking forward to my drive
By SRT854 on 09/25/08 10:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Outstanding Car. Exceeded my expectations. True Muscle Car with great creature comforts. Great performance for the money. Every time I look at it in the garage I am thankful I was able to get it. I would have to spend 2 the price to get my '69 Chevelle in the same league. Dodge did a very nice job.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.