Used 2008 Dodge Challenger Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Dodge Challenger - Consumer Reviews

SRT8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (19 reviews )

MoPower
By PCG

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I've been a Mustang guy all my life. So this is a walk on the wild side for me. But have been very pleased so far. Great road car. Took it on a 1,400 mile road trip the 2nd weekend it had it. Got 22 mpg and it rides great on the slab. Got lots of looks. Mine is Hemi Orange. So it kind of stands out. I usually drive manual muscle cars too. But the 5-speed Autostick is impressive. I manually shift it more than half the time. With an open air element, headers, and a cat-back system she really sings out over 4,000 RPM.

Sound of the Hemi at full song. Highway ride. Back seat room. Trunk size.

Gas mileage. Nasty brake dust on those gorgeous wheels.

I'm in love!
By MiamiMike

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

As a former BMW and Acura driver, I am accustomed to quality and reliability along with performance. I must say, this Dodge is the best car I have ever owned! It's comfortable, quiet and fast. It is also the best looking car on the road. The dealer service is also outstanding. Dodge has finally done it!

Everything. Smoking the tires is also pretty fun.

Don't change a gosh darn thing!

Miles of Smiles
By shorma00

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have to say I have driven muscle cars all my life. Never has there been a time I have driven a car that is powerful, comfortable, reliable and such a social stigma around all walks of the general population. I believe it lets many of us older boomers relieve our young adult childhood. The new Challenger SRT8 is everything I could ask for and then some. I never got 20 miles to the gallon on the hiway with my old 1970 Cuda and I must say there is no way to measure the comfort and reliabilty comparing the two. If you have a chance to even test drive an SRT8, Just Do It!!!!!!!!!!

Looks, Drive, Comfort, reliability, social magnet.

Rear back up camera and paddle shifters on steering wheel.

Love it
By John

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I've always owned american muscle cars and this is hands down the best I've ever experienced. Perfect combination of classic styling with 21st century performance & features. I can't even stop for gas without having someone come over and drool on it for 5 minutes. I give fuel economy a 10 because it gets as good or better than I expect. I didn't buy it to get 20mpg! If it gets 10mpg, I'm happy (I'm getting about 16 or so average). And who cares if anyone is comfortable in the back seat, this is a 2 seater! The back seat is for your jacket or dog. Rides like its on rails, I've gotten the lateral g-meter up to .75 on an offramp so far and that's not even trying hard. Dodge hit a homer!

Styling, ridiculous power, keyless ignition, almost complete lack of exterior chrome, square tailpipes.

rear view camera for sure, some subtle interior footwell illumination.

Amazing
By GreenPowerMan

2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8 2dr Coupe (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Chrysler did this one right! Gut wrenching acceleration, comfort, conveyance, looks, style, value and uniqueness! All BMW's, Porches and Mercedes look basically the same. None have the pizazz of the Challenger. Hand stitched leather and a painted orange engine block to name a few. It's also usable; I drive it to work everyday, moved my daughter to college (the back seats fold down opening into the truck) and go out to dinner. After that, I leave 99% of cars in the dust in a cloud of white smoke. It's like Clark Kent turning into Superman!

Everything! Sound system, performance, looks and creature comforts.

Back-up cameras and/or sensors