Powerful people hauler
By rotorbob on
2007 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)
I bought this red beauty used, it had 29000 miles on it and had been treated poorly: the left sliding door had obviously been damaged and crudely repaired. However, the 3.8 liter V-6 engine not only performed much better than the 3.3 V-6 I was used to in older Caravans I had owned, it got MUCH better mileage, over 25 mpg on a two day, 1500 mile round trip. The best I EVER got out of a 3.3 minivan was barely 20! Ride comfort is outstanding except for a noticeable, but not objectionable wind noise. All accessories work flawlessly. Who needs to drive 118 mph? I can but don't!
Favorite Features
Stow and Go seating is great. This gives me enough storage space to load several 4X8 foot sheets of plywood in the back and get the liftgate closed! Rear heating and air are marvelous as is the dual climate controls for my wife and me. Our comfort zones are different and this makes life much easier on trips.
Suggested Improvements
The body style. Yuk! Who likes driving a pregnant turtle? And the change in body style in 2008 didn't help much, either. Cruise the boulevard in a shoebox? Maybe for some, but not me. Why all the eurostyling?