2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
Powerful people hauler
By rotorbob on 08/07/12 11:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this red beauty used, it had 29000 miles on it and had been treated poorly: the left sliding door had obviously been damaged and crudely repaired. However, the 3.8 liter V-6 engine not only performed much better than the 3.3 V-6 I was used to in older Caravans I had owned, it got MUCH better mileage, over 25 mpg on a two day, 1500 mile round trip. The best I EVER got out of a 3.3 minivan was barely 20! Ride comfort is outstanding except for a noticeable, but not objectionable wind noise. All accessories work flawlessly. Who needs to drive 118 mph? I can but don't!

Good Value
By hdvido on 08/12/10 07:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased van new. No issues under warranty. As per many users, the transmission shifts down like a jerking pig. But I'm told that this is re-programmable by the techs. Cabin noise due to road conditions is only for the poor of hearing.

Poor Qaulity
By Ed on 07/29/10 16:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 4 new mini-vans, and my current dodge 2007 gr Caravan SXT will be my last Chrysler product ever. As other comments, transmission shifts very hard from 2 to 1. Will need repaired or replaced eventually. Second, several bulletins are out on this van. Wheel bearing(back)rust easily which is a huge safety problem. They also have a chronic ABS sensor and system problem. Like the stow and go. Road noise is terrible! Am in the market for a Honda Odyssey. Will be my first foreign car. Can't deal with the poor quality and poor customer service anymore from Chrysler!

Weird Transmission Downshift
By Tom on 04/07/09 09:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van new for my family needs. I have 27,000 miles on it now and have had no problems so far. The only complaint I have is the transmission downshifting from 2nd gear to 1st gear. It has a very hard downshift that is very noticable. If feels like I'm doing damage by driving it with this condition. I started noticing it around 800 miles and thought maybe it was just breaking itself in. I took it to the dealer and they said that they could find nothing wrong with it. I personally think that they don't want to acknowledge the problem. Other than the transmission, I really like the van.

Great van
By Victor on 03/17/09 14:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Dodge Caravan, and my family and I love it. I had my first one for almost 12 years and almost 200K miles with minimal problems. This one has most of the bells and whistles and I got it for $22K; a steal. I have the 3.8L engine and it really is more than I needed, but because of the package, I had no choice over the engine size. The 3.3 is more than enough unless you are pulling a load. Reading some of the other posts I guess that I was lucky since I have had no problems whatsoever with this van. It has a smooth and quiet ride, pretty quiet interior, and extremely comfortable. The stow and go seats just made it better. Overall, a great family van suited for long trips.

nightmare
By w.a on 10/15/08 18:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Very upset. In 1 year must have been in service about 5 times. Air conditioning changed twice. Problem still continues. Radiator cap changed twice. Sill leaking, lost bracket that holds rack pinion boot, trans shift very hard at time,

Love made in USA
By SANJ on 07/24/08 15:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I am happy with my 2007 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3 L 6cyl 4A). Also I got lifetime powertrain warranty that no one offers out in market. Also my friend had it for 3-4 years & has low maintenance cost. Compare to toyota & honada you pay more & get same by the way when you buy dodge help US economy not foreign county

Transmission hard shift up and dn
By Robert on 07/11/08 21:24 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just the facts: Vehicle bought new; enjoy driving but transmission has been problem from start. Hard shifts up and down but not 100% of time. Happened so much now that I'm picking up squeaks from the fact that the front end is jarring so much. I had rented another new vehicle in '07 from a car rental co. Enjoyed it much which cause me to desire one. I put over 5000 miles on the rental. I bought the current one new; put over 4000 miles on a trip. It started having troubles with the transmission that was noticeable at probably 500 miles. Enjoy driving it but HATE this problem. First new Chrysler product purchased ever and last!

Awesome
By montanasangel on 05/31/08 07:19 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love my new van. It rides so smooth. My kids love it, my husband loves it. It gets awesome gas mileage. I have no complaints. I am comfortable when I go on a long road trip because I know it is very reliable.

Noisy ride!!
By terry on 05/25/08 08:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is our first minivan. I love the roomy interior, the styling and the seating is comfortable. However, it is the noisiest car I have ever owned. Something, which I believe is the passenger sliding door, is rattling. But the dealer does not hear it. When you drive on a bumpy road it feels as if the car is going to fall apart. We have had it in to have the brake drums replaced due to noise and now it is making the same noise from the front. I still really like the van, but I hope the dealership can find the source of the noises and rattles and fix the brakes once and for all. It only has 6500 miles on it, we bought it brand new.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.