Used 2007 Dodge Caravan SE Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

Never Again
By dukes5

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's a 2007 and within a couple of years, we've had A/C troubles, dashboard light failure, door locks and handles that don't work, heater fan settings that don't work, speakers quit working, dome lights quit working or work on occassion, window switch needed replacing, rust after 3 years!, rear seat is locked and won't fold down anymore, and that's just what I remember off the top of my head. In addition, the interior is classic American car design...poorly thought out and miserable. I have 130K on it, all highway miles. I haven't had a lot of problems....so kudos for the mechanical aspects but a big 'F' for everything else that you deal with on a daily basis. I can't wait to get rid of it

Favorite Features

It runs

Suggested Improvements

Find nearest cliff....drive off. Seriously, save the engine and the chassis and start over.

Great Van!
By mike

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Now have just under 80,000 miles. Van has been excellent. Still have original tires and brakes. Only part replaced was a rear bearing hub. Highway mileage on straight run is 26 mpg, consistent 20 mpg in town. Van has been my first van ever and would easily buy another due to versatility. Have not had the transmission issues mentioned in other posts. I have zero complaints.

Favorite Features

Versatility, mileage, dependability

Suggested Improvements

Manual rear view mirrors are pain.

The Van for my plan
By Kaldar72

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this van! I have a 1997 version of this faithful van and found this one to be much better. Mine is the quitest car I have ever owned! It is as quite as my Mercedes so I know what I'm talking about. Great car for road trips.

Favorite Features

The storage areas. Seems everywhere I look there is a place to put stuff. The great thing about it is that no one can see my gear when looking at my van. Great facture far not being broken into.

Suggested Improvements

More balance in the stereo. Great for the driver but VERY loud for the ones in the back of the van.

Noisy transmission and road noise
By GRAND CARAVAN

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This is the noisiest car I have ever driven. Sounds like the transmission is already in trouble after only 4000 miles and earlier. The road noise is awful . Could be the tires. Will take it back to the dealer next week, but compared to my 2000 Voyager its just noisier and parts internally and externally seem flimsier. Hope they are not going back to their old poor workmanship compared to Japanese cars.

Favorite Features

Very good price compared to the toyata I almost purchased. But for a difference of about 5k. I stuck with the Dodge. Design is quite good, but not that much of an improvement over my 2000 Voyager, although I love the way the seats fold down. Took a long time to get that.

Suggested Improvements

Switch the locations of the fuel gauge and the temp gauge. Have controls for the rear speakers.