Used 2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

Powerful people hauler
By rotorbob

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this red beauty used, it had 29000 miles on it and had been treated poorly: the left sliding door had obviously been damaged and crudely repaired. However, the 3.8 liter V-6 engine not only performed much better than the 3.3 V-6 I was used to in older Caravans I had owned, it got MUCH better mileage, over 25 mpg on a two day, 1500 mile round trip. The best I EVER got out of a 3.3 minivan was barely 20! Ride comfort is outstanding except for a noticeable, but not objectionable wind noise. All accessories work flawlessly. Who needs to drive 118 mph? I can but don't!

Favorite Features

Stow and Go seating is great. This gives me enough storage space to load several 4X8 foot sheets of plywood in the back and get the liftgate closed! Rear heating and air are marvelous as is the dual climate controls for my wife and me. Our comfort zones are different and this makes life much easier on trips.

Suggested Improvements

The body style. Yuk! Who likes driving a pregnant turtle? And the change in body style in 2008 didn't help much, either. Cruise the boulevard in a shoebox? Maybe for some, but not me. Why all the eurostyling?

If you can only have one vehicle, this is it
By paparx

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan C/V 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Caravans and Town & Country, is the same vehicle with minor trim changes. Chrysler has always shined with these vans. Durable mechanics, cheap maintenance and long mileage are very common. Size, comfort and road holding are wonderful as are fit and finish. If you want wood and leather in a minivan fine, but these are family tools that hauls in comfort safety and reliability. With minor tire shock and performance chip upgrades these little vans fairly sail around town. Our short version is in my mind the best. Fitting in small spaces, more sporty handling but giving up little in capacity. If its been fairly well maintained it is hard to go wrong with these vans.

Favorite Features

Access, road holding, reliability, capacity, roominess, comfort

Suggested Improvements

Minor performance improvements like better shocks and struts, wider tires. Inexpensive performance chips may sound silly for a minivan but they can be had on ebay for cheap and noticeably improve shifting and mileage. The Chrysler computer was fairly standard and easy to make minor improvements to cheaply.

Never Again
By dukes5

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's a 2007 and within a couple of years, we've had A/C troubles, dashboard light failure, door locks and handles that don't work, heater fan settings that don't work, speakers quit working, dome lights quit working or work on occassion, window switch needed replacing, rust after 3 years!, rear seat is locked and won't fold down anymore, and that's just what I remember off the top of my head. In addition, the interior is classic American car design...poorly thought out and miserable. I have 130K on it, all highway miles. I haven't had a lot of problems....so kudos for the mechanical aspects but a big 'F' for everything else that you deal with on a daily basis. I can't wait to get rid of it

Favorite Features

It runs

Suggested Improvements

Find nearest cliff....drive off. Seriously, save the engine and the chassis and start over.

Good Value
By hdvido

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased van new. No issues under warranty. As per many users, the transmission shifts down like a jerking pig. But I'm told that this is re-programmable by the techs. Cabin noise due to road conditions is only for the poor of hearing.

Favorite Features

Versatile interior. Comfortable seating.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise needs much attention.

Poor Qaulity
By Ed

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 4 new mini-vans, and my current dodge 2007 gr Caravan SXT will be my last Chrysler product ever. As other comments, transmission shifts very hard from 2 to 1. Will need repaired or replaced eventually. Second, several bulletins are out on this van. Wheel bearing(back)rust easily which is a huge safety problem. They also have a chronic ABS sensor and system problem. Like the stow and go. Road noise is terrible! Am in the market for a Honda Odyssey. Will be my first foreign car. Can't deal with the poor quality and poor customer service anymore from Chrysler!

Favorite Features

Stow and go

Suggested Improvements

Quality control