2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
Powerful people hauler
By rotorbob on 08/07/12 11:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this red beauty used, it had 29000 miles on it and had been treated poorly: the left sliding door had obviously been damaged and crudely repaired. However, the 3.8 liter V-6 engine not only performed much better than the 3.3 V-6 I was used to in older Caravans I had owned, it got MUCH better mileage, over 25 mpg on a two day, 1500 mile round trip. The best I EVER got out of a 3.3 minivan was barely 20! Ride comfort is outstanding except for a noticeable, but not objectionable wind noise. All accessories work flawlessly. Who needs to drive 118 mph? I can but don't!

If you can only have one vehicle, this is it
By paparx on 02/14/12 08:37 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan C/V 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Caravans and Town & Country, is the same vehicle with minor trim changes. Chrysler has always shined with these vans. Durable mechanics, cheap maintenance and long mileage are very common. Size, comfort and road holding are wonderful as are fit and finish. If you want wood and leather in a minivan fine, but these are family tools that hauls in comfort safety and reliability. With minor tire shock and performance chip upgrades these little vans fairly sail around town. Our short version is in my mind the best. Fitting in small spaces, more sporty handling but giving up little in capacity. If its been fairly well maintained it is hard to go wrong with these vans.

Never Again
By dukes5 on 08/14/11 09:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's a 2007 and within a couple of years, we've had A/C troubles, dashboard light failure, door locks and handles that don't work, heater fan settings that don't work, speakers quit working, dome lights quit working or work on occassion, window switch needed replacing, rust after 3 years!, rear seat is locked and won't fold down anymore, and that's just what I remember off the top of my head. In addition, the interior is classic American car design...poorly thought out and miserable. I have 130K on it, all highway miles. I haven't had a lot of problems....so kudos for the mechanical aspects but a big 'F' for everything else that you deal with on a daily basis. I can't wait to get rid of it

Good Value
By hdvido on 08/12/10 07:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased van new. No issues under warranty. As per many users, the transmission shifts down like a jerking pig. But I'm told that this is re-programmable by the techs. Cabin noise due to road conditions is only for the poor of hearing.

Poor Qaulity
By Ed on 07/29/10 16:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 4 new mini-vans, and my current dodge 2007 gr Caravan SXT will be my last Chrysler product ever. As other comments, transmission shifts very hard from 2 to 1. Will need repaired or replaced eventually. Second, several bulletins are out on this van. Wheel bearing(back)rust easily which is a huge safety problem. They also have a chronic ABS sensor and system problem. Like the stow and go. Road noise is terrible! Am in the market for a Honda Odyssey. Will be my first foreign car. Can't deal with the poor quality and poor customer service anymore from Chrysler!

my grand caravan
By wirler on 01/07/10 00:35 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan C/V 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

this van has a 3.3l engine.it has very good respond.I buy it with 36000 miles. I noticed hard down shift from 2d to 1rs gear when making a full stop. I took it to the dealer and they fixed the problem re flashing the computer software. other than that,not problems.we love our van. my 2 kids like having more than enough space.

Weird Transmission Downshift
By Tom on 04/07/09 09:27 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van new for my family needs. I have 27,000 miles on it now and have had no problems so far. The only complaint I have is the transmission downshifting from 2nd gear to 1st gear. It has a very hard downshift that is very noticable. If feels like I'm doing damage by driving it with this condition. I started noticing it around 800 miles and thought maybe it was just breaking itself in. I took it to the dealer and they said that they could find nothing wrong with it. I personally think that they don't want to acknowledge the problem. Other than the transmission, I really like the van.

Great Van!
By mike on 03/22/09 19:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Now have just under 80,000 miles. Van has been excellent. Still have original tires and brakes. Only part replaced was a rear bearing hub. Highway mileage on straight run is 26 mpg, consistent 20 mpg in town. Van has been my first van ever and would easily buy another due to versatility. Have not had the transmission issues mentioned in other posts. I have zero complaints.

Great van
By Victor on 03/17/09 14:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Dodge Caravan, and my family and I love it. I had my first one for almost 12 years and almost 200K miles with minimal problems. This one has most of the bells and whistles and I got it for $22K; a steal. I have the 3.8L engine and it really is more than I needed, but because of the package, I had no choice over the engine size. The 3.3 is more than enough unless you are pulling a load. Reading some of the other posts I guess that I was lucky since I have had no problems whatsoever with this van. It has a smooth and quiet ride, pretty quiet interior, and extremely comfortable. The stow and go seats just made it better. Overall, a great family van suited for long trips.

The Van for my plan
By Kaldar72 on 03/08/09 08:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this van! I have a 1997 version of this faithful van and found this one to be much better. Mine is the quitest car I have ever owned! It is as quite as my Mercedes so I know what I'm talking about. Great car for road trips.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.