2007 Dodge Caravan SE Minivan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Reviews

2007 Caravan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

Sort Reviews by

Powerful people hauler
By rotorbob

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this red beauty used, it had 29000 miles on it and had been treated poorly: the left sliding door had obviously been damaged and crudely repaired. However, the 3.8 liter V-6 engine not only performed much better than the 3.3 V-6 I was used to in older Caravans I had owned, it got MUCH better mileage, over 25 mpg on a two day, 1500 mile round trip. The best I EVER got out of a 3.3 minivan was barely 20! Ride comfort is outstanding except for a noticeable, but not objectionable wind noise. All accessories work flawlessly. Who needs to drive 118 mph? I can but don't!

Favorite Features

Stow and Go seating is great. This gives me enough storage space to load several 4X8 foot sheets of plywood in the back and get the liftgate closed! Rear heating and air are marvelous as is the dual climate controls for my wife and me. Our comfort zones are different and this makes life much easier on trips.

Suggested Improvements

The body style. Yuk! Who likes driving a pregnant turtle? And the change in body style in 2008 didn't help much, either. Cruise the boulevard in a shoebox? Maybe for some, but not me. Why all the eurostyling?

If you can only have one vehicle, this is it
By paparx

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan C/V 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Caravans and Town & Country, is the same vehicle with minor trim changes. Chrysler has always shined with these vans. Durable mechanics, cheap maintenance and long mileage are very common. Size, comfort and road holding are wonderful as are fit and finish. If you want wood and leather in a minivan fine, but these are family tools that hauls in comfort safety and reliability. With minor tire shock and performance chip upgrades these little vans fairly sail around town. Our short version is in my mind the best. Fitting in small spaces, more sporty handling but giving up little in capacity. If its been fairly well maintained it is hard to go wrong with these vans.

Favorite Features

Access, road holding, reliability, capacity, roominess, comfort

Suggested Improvements

Minor performance improvements like better shocks and struts, wider tires. Inexpensive performance chips may sound silly for a minivan but they can be had on ebay for cheap and noticeably improve shifting and mileage. The Chrysler computer was fairly standard and easy to make minor improvements to cheaply.

Never Again
By dukes5

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

It's a 2007 and within a couple of years, we've had A/C troubles, dashboard light failure, door locks and handles that don't work, heater fan settings that don't work, speakers quit working, dome lights quit working or work on occassion, window switch needed replacing, rust after 3 years!, rear seat is locked and won't fold down anymore, and that's just what I remember off the top of my head. In addition, the interior is classic American car design...poorly thought out and miserable. I have 130K on it, all highway miles. I haven't had a lot of problems....so kudos for the mechanical aspects but a big 'F' for everything else that you deal with on a daily basis. I can't wait to get rid of it

Favorite Features

It runs

Suggested Improvements

Find nearest cliff....drive off. Seriously, save the engine and the chassis and start over.

Good Value
By hdvido

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased van new. No issues under warranty. As per many users, the transmission shifts down like a jerking pig. But I'm told that this is re-programmable by the techs. Cabin noise due to road conditions is only for the poor of hearing.

Favorite Features

Versatile interior. Comfortable seating.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise needs much attention.

Poor Qaulity
By Ed

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 4 new mini-vans, and my current dodge 2007 gr Caravan SXT will be my last Chrysler product ever. As other comments, transmission shifts very hard from 2 to 1. Will need repaired or replaced eventually. Second, several bulletins are out on this van. Wheel bearing(back)rust easily which is a huge safety problem. They also have a chronic ABS sensor and system problem. Like the stow and go. Road noise is terrible! Am in the market for a Honda Odyssey. Will be my first foreign car. Can't deal with the poor quality and poor customer service anymore from Chrysler!

Favorite Features

Stow and go

Suggested Improvements

Quality control

my grand caravan
By wirler

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan C/V 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

this van has a 3.3l engine.it has very good respond.I buy it with 36000 miles. I noticed hard down shift from 2d to 1rs gear when making a full stop. I took it to the dealer and they fixed the problem re flashing the computer software. other than that,not problems.we love our van. my 2 kids like having more than enough space.

Favorite Features

van can be as versatile as you can imagine. seats disappear into the floor. very good under seat storage. nice driving maneuverability.

Suggested Improvements

better sound system. rolling windows on second row.

Weird Transmission Downshift
By Tom

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van new for my family needs. I have 27,000 miles on it now and have had no problems so far. The only complaint I have is the transmission downshifting from 2nd gear to 1st gear. It has a very hard downshift that is very noticable. If feels like I'm doing damage by driving it with this condition. I started noticing it around 800 miles and thought maybe it was just breaking itself in. I took it to the dealer and they said that they could find nothing wrong with it. I personally think that they don't want to acknowledge the problem. Other than the transmission, I really like the van.

Favorite Features

Price, comfort...

Suggested Improvements

Transmission hard downshifting

Great Van!
By mike

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Now have just under 80,000 miles. Van has been excellent. Still have original tires and brakes. Only part replaced was a rear bearing hub. Highway mileage on straight run is 26 mpg, consistent 20 mpg in town. Van has been my first van ever and would easily buy another due to versatility. Have not had the transmission issues mentioned in other posts. I have zero complaints.

Favorite Features

Versatility, mileage, dependability

Suggested Improvements

Manual rear view mirrors are pain.

Great van
By Victor

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Dodge Caravan, and my family and I love it. I had my first one for almost 12 years and almost 200K miles with minimal problems. This one has most of the bells and whistles and I got it for $22K; a steal. I have the 3.8L engine and it really is more than I needed, but because of the package, I had no choice over the engine size. The 3.3 is more than enough unless you are pulling a load. Reading some of the other posts I guess that I was lucky since I have had no problems whatsoever with this van. It has a smooth and quiet ride, pretty quiet interior, and extremely comfortable. The stow and go seats just made it better. Overall, a great family van suited for long trips.

Favorite Features

The stow and go seats, powerful engine, smooth and stable ride, automatic doors, and the video and six-disk changer.

Suggested Improvements

I would have loved to have the under seat storage bins and the one under the radio area. I had to buy an aftermarket middle storage console to make up this shortcoming. I did not care about the cheap speakers included with the system; I replaced all of them.

The Van for my plan
By Kaldar72

2007 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I love this van! I have a 1997 version of this faithful van and found this one to be much better. Mine is the quitest car I have ever owned! It is as quite as my Mercedes so I know what I'm talking about. Great car for road trips.

Favorite Features

The storage areas. Seems everywhere I look there is a place to put stuff. The great thing about it is that no one can see my gear when looking at my van. Great facture far not being broken into.

Suggested Improvements

More balance in the stereo. Great for the driver but VERY loud for the ones in the back of the van.