2006 Dodge Caravan Consumer Review: Uncomfortable Ride

2006 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Review

Uncomfortable Ride
By dave on

2006 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This new Caravan is the 6th one I have owned ranging back to 1985. It is by far the worst riding vehicle that I have ever owned. The suspension is so tight that it picks up every little imperfection on any road. The ride is so bad I actually took it back to the dealer for service but the technicians said, "This is something you would not expect from a new vehicle but everything checks out as normal." The 1999 Caravan I traded in with 114,000 miles actually road better than this 2006 vehicle. I test drove three versions of this vehicle and they were all the same. I purchased this vehicle because of the great deal I was offered hoping the ride would get better. After 2000 miles it hasn't.

My favorite feature of the Chysler minivan are all of the individual features that make up the vehicle as a whole; that is except for the very disappointing rough ride!!!!

My suggestion is to scrap the new suspension technology and go back to prior technology that made me and millions of other long-time customers die-hard fans of the Chysler minivan.