4 Cylinder Works Great!
By Mark Weber on
2006 Dodge Caravan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)
I only have 270 miles on this brand new van - I will update in 6 months and adjust "reliability" and "fuel economy" ratings then. Quite frankly, I am pleasantly surprised that a 4 cylinder engine can motivate this minivan the way that it does, and I expect much better gas mileage than I would have gotten with the 6. I am also surprised how much this drives like a passenger car - albeit a large passenger car - with confident, predictable handling. It is sure a lot quieter than the Focus I traded in! Pricing couldn't be beat either, cheaper than a midsized car and cheaper than many compacts, too.
Favorite Features
The 4 cylinder (who else provides one in a minivan?); nice updated interior - not downgraded or cheap; not much body lean, handles well! Good brakes and tires.... And, much lower passenger car emissions in 2006 on the 4 cylinder!
Suggested Improvements
Input jack for portable player (iPod etc.) on the radio; longer tire valve stems for easier tire pressure checking; roller-style cargo cover (at least available as an accessory) for the "trunk" area.