2006 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:
Very good vehicle
By CassM on 07/08/09 19:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Very few problems at 39,000 miles. All minor. Great ride. Cant complain, after 3.5 years. I expected much worse, from reading 'expert' reviews before I bought the vehicle.

2006 Dodge Caravan
By al p on 04/19/09 21:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Second minivan I have had from Chrysler - bought it used with 28k kms (19000 miles). Quality seems good but mileage is terrible -3.3 litre is averaging 12 mpg in city and 16mpg on highway ( have translated to US gallons). It has been back to dealer who changed sensor but still the same - they just shrugged when I told them unacceptable. Van is not being driven fast nor rough. HWY is 60-65 mph. Mileage is no comparison to previous 1993 Caravan 3.3 litre.

Not, so good
By gavalladares on 01/30/09 11:14 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

This is not a real good car, I thought It will start to break down after five years of the date was built. I got a 2006 and it's down already. I had 14 months since I got it, and I'm disappointed with it. I believe the problem I got now it has to do with the ignition coil, the other problem, I had it with the "check engine" light, The mechanic said it was the catalytic converter. The paint job is not very good, the back seat is uncomfortable, the interior materials used are cheap. The engine lacks torque. You can't expect more of it. You have to drive it with care. The back seats are uncomfortable.

Stay Away
By Annoyed on 01/13/09 01:53 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

At 12000 miles front rotors needed replaced under warranty (had to fight with Chrysler for this). Done again at 30000 miles not under warranty. At 30000 catalytic converter replaced also under warranty. At 43500 engine needs replaced. Dealer says the crankshaft thrust bearing went bad. The crankshaft walked and took out the front seal. Engine started leaking oil. 2006 the only warranty was 3 years/36000 miles. No warranty on engine replacement. These motors are garbage. They are will not hold up in a Caravan.

First Minivan I can say I LOVE to drive!
By Soccer Dad on 04/11/08 15:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Great ride and handling, and sleek styling. Lots of head and leg room for front passengers over 6 ft tall.

After 1.5 years
By Carlos on 01/23/08 21:19 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Caravan Minivan SE 4dr Minivan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Reliable and build quality like a Lexus. Well put together, no problems, no leaks, nothing has broken or fallen- off. Never less than 20.5 mpg with my V- 6.

Great
By speeking9 on 11/19/07 21:43 PM (PST)

2006 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I love the Caravan, my second one. Handles great and rides like a Cadilac. Great heater for Alaska winters at 40 below and starts very easy cold temps. The Caravan is the best auto I have ever had by far and I have had a lot cars of all brands and not one has ever met the reliability the Caravan has.

First Month
By Robert on 09/26/06 20:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Have owned a Grand Caravan in the past. Like the looks and the size of the standard. SXT model came equipped with all of the desired options. Appreciate the comfortable mid-row bucket seats. Keeps the kids seperated and happy (and that makes me happy). Looking forward to many family trips.

The fun ride
By michelle becklehimer on 08/19/06 07:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van to go on vacations and for my son who is in sports. It's easy to handle and easy to park, and I will buy a another one just like it because it is so convenient for me to have all the room and the good gas mileage

Pretty nice little van.
By Reid Benham on 08/04/06 16:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

Nice to drive, wish it gave better gas mileage. Driver's seat is difficult to move back and forth. No defects in material or workmanship. In 6,600 miles I have changed the oil twice and rotated the tires, not bad for American Iron.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.