Great van with lots of versatility
By aveybaby on
2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)
This is the perfect vehicle for a family. I got hooked on Dodge Caravan's years ago. I had one that lasted ten years with no problems until the transmission went out at about 200,000 miles. I bought a Windstar and didn't like it so got new Dodge Caravan again. For as much space and comfort as it has you can't beat the gas mileage. I consistently average 20 mpg. Considering that you can seat 7, that's a good value. I've replaced the battery, and the tires. It's now getting a bit older, over 150k miles on it, so I've replaced the radiator because of a leak, and the oxysensor valves (check engine light came on). Good value overall.
Favorite Features
stowaway seats, comfortable seats, good visibility, tons of space for pets and people. Can use as sleeping space when camping by putting a blow up mattress in the back.
Suggested Improvements
My husband hates the way the heating/cooling system works. The back speakers rattle when you turn the volume up on your music if it has a lot of bass. They could have seated and cushioned the speakers better.