2005 Dodge Caravan 3.3L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - I wouldn't buy another

2005 Dodge Caravan - Consumer Review

I wouldn't buy another
By Russell on

2005 Dodge Caravan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT seemed to be a nicer car then our '97 Rally and we really liked the stow-n- go seats. However, that's where it ends. We have to put front brakes on it every 12,000 mi. we got 29,000 mi. on the '97 and I got 72,000 miles out of the front brakes on my 2001 Suburban. Electrical sensors are still a major problem, we have had several failures. The transmission control card went, the side electric doors have been repaired several times and still don't work well. We can't get the brake dust off the front aluminum wheels so they always look like crap. It needed a tune up after only 34,000 mi.. In short, this car is high maintenance! I wouldn't buy another!

Favorite Features

DVD player, radio control buttons on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

It needs better brakes, they should last 50,000 mi. Better sensors that last. Better water pumps. Better spare tire location. Tune ups should last 100,000 mi. like my Suburban. Trans and cooling fluids should last 100,000mi not 30,000. Electric side doors should actually work.