Used 2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan Consumer Reviews - 77 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caravan model:

Great Value, Great Van, Great Economy.
By BillMcguire

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this van with 21,000 miles on it used. Now I have 59,000 on it and it has had no problems. Many of the people I know drive Honda Oddyeses and Toyota Siennas and have many problems from electrical to axle problems. The Honda even lost the transmission at 42,000. My last Dodge Caravan was a 1998 and I just sold it with 213,500 miles on it and I did the transmission at 198,000. The resale isn't better in the long term on the Honda and Toyota product, you just pay more initially and it seems that way. In 5 years they are worth about the same. I sold my '98 caravan for 8k after 7 years of faithful driving.

Economy, power, reliability is bulletproof.

Advertise better. Dodge has a great product but they need to show everyone they really have a superior product.

Better than I thought!
By Dovey

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this van in high hopes that the whole family would be comfortable. Our son who is only 14 yet over 6 feet tall finds that he has plenty of space, both kids and even the dog are happy on long trips now due to the seating and DVD feature. My daughter loves that she can watch a movie and we can be listening to the radio at the same time. I enjoy driving the van, it is very comfortable and user friendly. My husbands favorite feature is the stow and go seating, we can change arrangment at any given time for our convience. Never thought I would enjoy a mini van.

Very Nice Minivan!
By Raul at Miami

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

The SXT Caravan it's a very nice to own minivan, has lot of interior room, smooth ride, nimble handling. DVD, trip computer, a plus!!! Excellent for the family. The exterior is quite modern also. On the other hand, 14 real MPG in city and 24 in highway is not enough. Not even closer to EPA advice.

Roomy, nice look, versatile, accesories and features for the price!

Gas mileage and Interior design / materials

A great car for the money
By TracyC273

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I just got my van and it is great. It drives so well. I did have a 96 windstar and this tops the cake. The only thing is the gas mileage is not so great. And I did not like the fact that I was told by the dealer that I could not program my key to open the other slider /lift gate. But overall it is a great minivan. Mine came with the DVD which my kids love and the radio is good w/ 6 speakers

DVD, remote door, and the comfortable ride

Gas mileage and to be able to upgrade the key if wanted, and not have to go to the $2000 family plan for it.

A Great Deal For the Money
By Robert

2005 Dodge Caravan Minivan SXT 4dr Minivan (3.3L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove a new 1997 Caravan, was unimpressed for $23K, and bought a used 1994. This time I drove a much nicer, fancier 2005 Caravan and for $20K took it home. Thank you employee pricing! No stow and go on my short model, but no big deal. The six speaker package puts out some excellent sound. Seats are comfortable, yet don't weigh much. Superb handling, solid acceleration, great brakes (unlike my Quest). I'll reserve mileage judgement until it's broken in. I wasn't looking for a DVD but to put a cherry on the top of this deal it had one. But then came the single downer, although the manual doesn't say so, the "basic" DVD system has no headphone capability! Be sure you can live with this.

Nobody makes a van ride and drive like a car like Chrysler/Dodge. Nobody.

The owner's manual is a disaster area of confusion. As I stated above, the basic DVD setup need SOME kind of headphone/earphone capability. This was beyond dumb. The radio/CD/DVD dash console area looks attractive but is a confusing mess until you get used to it (which may take forever).